Clutch Help, To hold 1bar on TD04 - Updated!!

Installed the TD04 last night, still have a 85,000 Km OEM clutch (i presume)

It can hold boost in all gears bar 5th. As soon as boost came on it was slipping like a gooden! Couldn't handle the increase of power. Now it was freezing last night, i suspected it was spinning in 5th. But, i highly doubt it as 1-4th and 4th all the way to redline didn't give it an issue. Around 4k RPM in 5th it went mad!

What kind of clutch should i be looking at for a TD04 remapped at a 1bar which is the goal for early in the new year.

I don't want to spend an absolute fortune... But, If i have too the remap will HAVE to wait!

Edited by Zeldoz
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah TD sell the 6puk

Im in need of one also as my clutch started slipping after running 1.1bar on a ct9 for 2years so its coped well! Just racing an R6 yesterday finished it off lol

Also mine and your mileage are about the same mines just gone on to 81.000kph

Yeah TD sell the 6puk

Im in need of one also as my clutch started slipping after running 1.1bar on a ct9 for 2years so its coped well! Just racing an R6 yesterday finished it off lol

Also mine and your mileage are about the same mines just gone on to 81.000kph

Bloody hell 1.1bar and it coped 2 years! Not bad for a OEM one!

Mine last all of 5 minutes on 0.7 on TD04 haha! Soon as it was in 5th. Got to full boost i was going no where, but the revs were everywhere! haha!

Haha thats what mine was like yesterday! I was like WTF is going on here lol

No sooner do you spend money on one thing then you are having to buy yet more things to cope with the power! The joys of cars hey lol

Haha thats what mine was like yesterday! I was like WTF is going on here lol

No sooner do you spend money on one thing then you are having to buy yet more things to cope with the power! The joys of cars hey lol

I know, i was full boosting in 4th thinking I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! Popped into 5th.. Within 3 seconds it was sketchy as fuck! It well and truely burst my bubble.

I know..... Clutch will be a good £400 by the time it's fitted.. *sigh*

I know, i was full boosting in 4th thinking I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! Popped into 5th.. Within 3 seconds it was sketchy as fuck! It well and truely burst my bubble.

I know..... Clutch will be a good £400 by the time it's fitted.. *sigh*

Lmao classic

Yeah i know the feeling its not a cheap item to buy! The problem is with me is if im changing the clutch i may aswell change the flywheel while im there for a lightened one etc so that means yet more money lol

Lmao classic

Yeah i know the feeling its not a cheap item to buy! The problem is with me is if im changing the clutch i may aswell change the flywheel while im there for a lightened one etc so that means yet more money lol

I was just thinking this... Would my OEM flywheel be ok?... Or would it need swapping.. MORE MONEY!!!!!! jesus, i love cars..

If your clutch has been slipping, your OE flywheel will at least need skimming. Bare that in mind if you plan on fitting inside of a day!

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

Hi mate, If i was to buy an uprated clutch and OEM flywheel would that be ok?

Personally I'd look at the SPEC 6 puk as mentioned above.

Its a great clutch.

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

I need to see what money's like end of month i guess.

Out of interest i know Emanage + mapping is £550. What would you charge to fit a fuel pump before mapping as well?