Clutch Help, To hold 1bar on TD04 - Updated!!

Dude I have had a standard clutch slip like a mad man and smell awfull numerous times, chucked a 3 puck clutch on and never ever had a problem.

My flywheel was not ever skimmed or anything even close.left it as it was and clutch gripped like a muda fooka

A new clutch will still work fine on your old flywheel, but it's best to have it skimmed. Would be silly not to have it done IMO, especially as it's so cheap. Most clutch manufacturers will void warranty if the flywheel wasn't skimmed at point of fitting too.

Cheers

Idrees

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Split opinions here.

It's not skimping but I need mine mapping quite soon. Running under cut on standard ECU without a wideband right now isnt great I imagine.

I just need something good for the power and a nice all rounder to drive with. I don't plan on attacking track days etc. mayo just can't justify a clutch that sets me back almost what I paid for my turbo kit..

Urghh.. Your right Daniel, the joys of modding! Wasted thousands in my EP3 will be the same here I guess haha!

Its not that you 'need' a paddle here, people have told you an organic will hold at 200ish, thats fine. But what if you want to up the boost soon ? You'll want to know there is a capable clutch in there already that can handle it :) I just like to 'mod ahead' you dont have to ofcourse. But for an extra 100 quid now id say its worth it.

Get your mates round and tackle the clutch yourselves, save that 150 quid haha.

Its not that you 'need' a paddle here, people have told you an organic will hold at 200ish, thats fine. But what if you want to up the boost soon ? You'll want to know there is a capable clutch in there already that can handle it :) I just like to 'mod ahead' you dont have to ofcourse. But for an extra 100 quid now id say its worth it.

Thought there was lots involved in doing the clutch?

Torque aligning it correct, thought it was a right ballache'

I completely agree with you Dan, you may look at the clutch and think ouch, £3**! However it's only about £80 extra and it'll last no matter how crazy you go with upping the cars power (to a certain extent of course)!

I also agree on fitting the clutch yourself, it sounds scary but isn't too difficult, especially with some helping hands. You'll save a few pennies that way too.

I just like to 'mod ahead' you dont have to ofcourse. But for an extra 100 quid now id say its worth it.

Best advice you'll get.

Get as good as you can each purchase and you'll build a good car.

especially if you learn to do alot of it yourself.

Phil

I completely agree with you Dan, you may look at the clutch and think ouch, £3**! However it's only about £80 extra and it'll last no matter how crazy you go with upping the cars power (to a certain extent of course)!

I also agree on fitting the clutch yourself, it sounds scary but isn't too difficult, especially with some helping hands. You'll save a few pennies that way too.

See theres a man who knows what hes on about, many starlets you had now Iddy ?

Lewis get a few of the local UKSO boys down to help ya out ;)

Fuck you guys spending my cash! £300 budget I seriously can't spend more than that on a clutch........ Iddy recommends?...

For that budget you're just left with the Organic, you won't regret it though. The Exedy 3 PUK is also an option but I think you'll begin to hate it if the cars a daily.

Dan I'll PM you mate ;)

For that budget you're just left with the Organic, you won't regret it though. The Exedy 3 PUK is also an option but I think you'll begin to hate it if the cars a daily.

Dan I'll PM you mate ;)

The £259 one? If so I thought that would hold 200 fine but unknown at 230+? Going on comments above!

Dan I'll PM you mate ;)

The £259 one? If so I thought that would hold 200 fine but unknown at 230+? Going on comments above!

Have a search around, I've seen them used up to 250bhp. You'll have to do some deep digging on here and TGTT though!

Have a search around, I've seen them used up to 250bhp. You'll have to do some deep digging on here and TGTT though!

Ran 260 on one for yonks

Could find you te build threads on tgtt but alas I never posted much in them at the time anyways.

Setup was upgraded before clutch ever went

Phil

is this an ogura? If lewis is not interested I'd be tempted probably

No dude, competition stage 5 unsprung friction plate with a one off competition pressure plate.

Corner of friction plates chipped alittle from launches but 100% working :)

Phil