Clutch Help, To hold 1bar on TD04 - Updated!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do 80% town driving.. So i dont want my left leg muscle HENCH...

I have an Exedy stage two clutch in my Glanza. Its not the best for driving around town but bareable and if the misses can drive it round town im sure you can dude :)

My mates orc ogura 309d carbon clutch needed slipping the fuck out of befor it gripped thats the only thing that has put be off them.

The 6puk is a realy nice clutch theres abit of judder but other then that its sweet

i had a spec 6 puk clutch and it was great the release bearing it came with shit itself with in 2 days tho so had to get a toyota jobby. ive been told i have a 3 puk exedy jobby on this gt and it does seem harsher. it was daniel i gave my spec clutch to and it had held up nicely to abuse.

Right. Ideally I don't need anything exceptional. I need something that will hold 1bar without an issue.

I can't justify more than £200 as it'll be bought this month, and fitting is going to set me back another £150 as my mechanical knowledge stops at my own choice on engines and gearbox touching. I don't trust myself.

Now flywheel. An I going to need a new one? I have literally felt my clutch slip twice in 5th. An not been in a motorway since then.

Could I reuse it? It not, what are my flywheel options as I can't spent silly amounts for one!

So can anyone link me something suitable for up to £200?

Glanza has sucked so much out of me, which I'm not complaining about, just need to calm my spending as I'm bookig a holiday in January.. (The Mrs's decision.....)

I can't think of any clutch at £200 or less that will deal with that sort of power for very long at all. The nearest one is the Exedy Organic, found here:

http://www.id-workz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_1118_8_101&products_id=834

It'll be nice to drive with too and not juddery (the 3 PUK is quite harsh). The Organic is heavier than the standard clutch but it's still decent to drive with

If you do decide to increase your budget, I would go for the CC Stage 4, found here: http://www.id-workz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_1118_8_101&products_id=3645.

Again, this is also nice to drive with and we have one waiting to be fitted to our EP82 which will be built for fast road and light track use.

Cheers

Idrees

I can't think of any clutch at £200 or less that will deal with that sort of power for very long at all. The nearest one is the Exedy Organic, found here:

http://www.id-workz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_1118_8_101&products_id=834

It'll be nice to drive with too and not juddery (the 3 PUK is quite harsh). The Organic is heavier than the standard clutch but it's still decent to drive with

If you do decide to increase your budget, I would go for the CC Stage 4, found here: http://www.id-workz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_1118_8_101&products_id=3645.

Again, this is also nice to drive with and we have one waiting to be fitted to our EP82 which will be built for fast road and light track use.

Cheers

Idrees

Thanks Iddy, I could stretch to that organic one. Would that reliably hold 1bar do you think?

Last thing I want or need is it to start slipping after a month or so mapping!

Lewis

Dude I have had a standard clutch slip like a mad man and smell awfull numerous times, chucked a 3 puck clutch on and never ever had a problem.

My flywheel was not ever skimmed or anything even close.left it as it was and clutch gripped like a muda fooka

Thanks Iddy, I could stretch to that organic one. Would that reliably hold 1bar do you think?

Last thing I want or need is it to start slipping after a month or so mapping!

Lewis

The Exedy Organic was a very popular choice among people using the same set up as yours (going back a good few years now). I had one on my 211bhp GT and it handled the power perfectly. :)

Cheers

Idrees

Dont skimp on a clutch Lewis, hold out if you need to for a paddle, an organic is either the Exedy OEM replacement or slightly better, i cant say it wont hold but youd kick yourself if you had to rip the box off again in a months time because of it.

You'll just need to check flywheel condition upon removal of the clutch, bad burn marks etc. Worst case it'll need a skim.

Joys of the modding game ay !! Haha.

Dont skimp on a clutch Lewis, hold out if you need to for a paddle, an organic is either the Exedy OEM replacement or slightly better, i cant say it wont hold but youd kick yourself if you had to rip the box off again in a months time because of it.

You'll just need to check flywheel condition upon removal of the clutch, bad burn marks etc. Worst case it'll need a skim.

Joys of the modding game ay !! Haha.

A paddle isn't "needed" for his setup, as mentioned above many people ran the Organic clutch for 200-250bhp set ups a few years ago. The Organic has a higher torque rating than the standard Exedy replacement.

Personally I would go for the CC Stage 4 as it's an excellent all rounder however if funds did not allow, the Exedy Organic would be my next choice (More so than the Exedy 3 PUK as it's too harsh). :)

Cheers

Idrees

Dude I have had a standard clutch slip like a mad man and smell awfull numerous times, chucked a 3 puck clutch on and never ever had a problem.

My flywheel was not ever skimmed or anything even close.left it as it was and clutch gripped like a muda fooka

What do you mean? I won't need mine skimming?