5efhe---->5efhte project(oem ct9 build)

I have a 1st gen 5efhe non acis engine.i am wanting to do project and build it as 5efhte.i have read many threads on building 5efte, including the tgtt one(which is 4efte to 5efte).

So after reading all these i clearly got some idea and knowledge about the project.but i am confused and unsure if it is sufficient or not as i am going from 5efhe to 5efhte , so i am posting the things that i have:

I want to be with the 5efhe parts wherever possible:

5e piston shaving 1.3mm off

5e piston rings

Tapped hole the 5e sump for oil drain line

5e pickup

5e oil head ,rocker cover and block

5e rods

5e cam gear

4efte inlet manifold

4efte fuel rail

4efte injectors

4efte throttle body

4efte map sensor

4efte fuel pressure regulator

5e idler and tensioner pulleys

5e crank gear

5e thrust washer

5e timing belt

5e AT tranny

5e oil pump

5e oil relief valve

5e connecting and main bearing

5e water pump and hoses

5e distributor

5e ht leads

The parts i need is :

1.2mm head gasket to get 8:5:1 cr

4efte exhaust manifold

Ct9 turbo

4efte thermostat, housing and sensors

4efte tmic

4efte ecu

4efte valve springs

4efte oil filter relocator

Please Correct me if i am wrong somewhere and add if i missed something.suggest me if you have any opinion.

Thank you

Edited by Adeeb1395

Personally I wouldn't bother using the ct9 as its too small for the 5E, td04 would be the minimum really. Also use a fmic as the extra heat from the higher compression will lead to problems of detonation.

Personally I wouldn't bother using the ct9 as its too small for the 5E, td04 would be the minimum really. Also use a fmic as the extra heat from the higher compression will lead to problems of detonation.

I will shave 1.3mm off the 5efhe piston and use 1.2mm headgasket to get 8.6:1 cr.would it then be still problem?

I want to start the project with ct9 and stay with the tmic as my budget currently wont allow other than that.but later i have plan for fmic and td06 20g.

That compression ratio is still higher than a stock 4E and the tmic suffers heat soak real bad on that.

I probably wouldn't run anymore than 0.6 bar on the ct9 as it wouldn't be long after that efficiency goes out the window and turns into a hairdryer.

Are you staying with the stock 4efte ecu? Or have you got any other management?

i am temporarily staying with the 4efte ecu. any solution about the compression??

That compression ratio is still higher than a stock 4E and the tmic suffers heat soak real bad on that.

I probably wouldn't run anymore than 0.6 bar on the ct9 as it wouldn't be long after that efficiency goes out the window and turns into a hairdryer.

Are you staying with the stock 4efte ecu? Or have you got any other management?

i am temporarily staying with the 4efte ecu. any solution about the compression??

Have done this heaps of times. CT9 will be fine on stock 5efhe compression (don't need to open the engine) and stock ecu and stock boost. They do go slightly lean (13:1) as they come on boost but richen up by the time its on song. Biggest thing to check is that its not detonating so get a detest and wideband and have a listen while your testing - be conservative with the timing and it'll last for ages - maybe go to a 7 heat range plug. Top mount definitely wont help thou so I'd recommend a front mount, even if its a cheap Chinese core off ebay or something. As above, keep the boost down as they really do run out of efficiency quick on a 5e and they'll make no more power at higher boost.

Have done this heaps of times. CT9 will be fine on stock 5efhe compression (don't need to open the engine) and stock ecu and stock boost. They do go slightly lean (13:1) as they come on boost but richen up by the time its on song. Biggest thing to check is that its not detonating so get a detest and wideband and have a listen while your testing - be conservative with the timing and it'll last for ages - maybe go to a 7 heat range plug. Top mount definitely wont help thou so I'd recommend a front mount, even if its a cheap Chinese core off ebay or something. As above, keep the boost down as they really do run out of efficiency quick on a 5e and they'll make no more power at higher boost.

What about if i use a 3sgte topmount?and i want to lower the comp by shaving the piston and use 4efte ecu and map

I wouldn't lower the compression, there isn't really any need. Stock 5efhe will handle boost fine - just be conservative with your timing.

Re the top mount, yeah it will work but at the end of the day it will always heatsoak and your just increasing your chances of detonation. I'd try and front mount something if it was me

mate i would 100% shave the pistons down its ok doing that here in our cold climate but there in bangladesh its roasting all the time very good for det and run the ct9 on low boost only the 5e really reallly heats the hair dryer up high :)

also about the topmount just fit it upfront to get cool air if you cant get a fmic yet use old exhaust pipe if you cant find aluminium pipes

reply above , that comment makes nooo sens its the 5efe thats the useless engine if you lower the comp you have a very strong engine much better then a shitty 5efe with there toothpicks rods

Ok, if it is possible to run low boost in my stock engine and setup then i am fine with it.

Do i need any extra parts exept turbo,fte exhaust mani, intercooler and piping?

Pls tell me breifly as i dont have enough idea about charging a high cr engine.how much boost i can manage and approx what whp??

Edited by Adeeb1395

You need a fittimg exhaust mani as the 5E block is higher than the 4E one. Then your parts and something like a Emanage. I wouldn t run a stock ECU made for a smaller engine or one for NA on turbo. At least not without a piggiyback at least.

Also for boost you could try to grab knock sensor readings and adjust to that. In my opinion the safest way to reach "high" bost on a FHE.

Sry for mistypes, haven't slept cause gaminh, thanks to shitty Vodafone have no DSL and am on phone and am freezing.