PLEASE LOCK MODS , CHEERS :)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures arean't the greatest but gives you some idea, in the second photo ive highlighted the main parts the are actually connected to the body work as the rest of mine is just loose in the bay as they are all sensors ect., ps yes it does look like a kid has done it.

IMAG02581_zps6f3a7285.jpg

77f7ea64-adc9-43ed-abdd-eb973cedb537_zps

the red loom goes from the bung, upto the diagnostics port, the little white bit is a white clips that clips onto the rear of the bay and then to the fusebox, the blue wire is coming out of the fusebox to the headlight, then across the slampanel to the bits in image 3

IMAG02621_zps592924ad.jpg

the rear loom is because the lights are wired up differently to the uk model, im sure thats why anyway, you can always modify that as its not that much of a ballache as the dash loom would be

Pictures arean't the greatest but gives you some idea, in the second photo ive highlighted the main parts the are actually connected to the body work as the rest of mine is just loose in the bay as they are all sensors ect., ps yes it does look like a kid has done it.

IMAG02581_zps6f3a7285.jpg

77f7ea64-adc9-43ed-abdd-eb973cedb537_zps

the red loom goes from the bung, upto the diagnostics port, the little white bit is a white clips that clips onto the rear of the bay and then to the fusebox, the blue wire is coming out of the fusebox to the headlight, then across the slampanel to the bits in image 3

IMAG02621_zps592924ad.jpg

thanks very much buddy that helps allot, il get pics up later of how I got on :)

Rear loom? Thought you didnt need. Im certain i got the engine and dash. But when we stripped my bros glanza we unplugged the dash loom where it goes to the fuel pump, i got the stalks as well,

yes I got the rear loom, I was just told to get the full loom as it was easier, I have taken pics anyway as I have started doing it and il post them up to show you later on,I was just surprised how easy it all went together, it's just the matter of routing the wires behind the dash tidy so everything lines up, pictures to follow :) lol

I did the same on my car, wasn't too hard. Engine loom is easy, dash loom is a bit more difficult

When you've got the engine loom, how do you know where to plug the different connectors on the loom to the sensors on the engine? Is it just like completing a jigsaw ie each connector will only fit to its corresponding sensor, or were they labelled??

Edited by panda bear blur

When you've got the engine loom, how do you know where to plug the different connectors on the loom to the sensors on the engine? Is it just like completing a jigsaw ie each connector will only fit to its corresponding sensor, or were they labelled??

I didn't label anything, just simple connecting it up to the engine like a jigsaw. Just start from one side, it's easy

Updates good mate :),

Off topic, what happened to me blue starlet lol? :)

it was sold on for cheap to my freind which now uses it back and for university and never misses a beat and it's completely standard :) was such a clean car

it was sold on for cheap to my freind which now uses it back and for university and never misses a beat and it's completely standard :) was such a clean car

I miss it loads haha, my red one aint got shit on that, lol, glad its being looked after :)

So my loom is finally in ,excuse the mess it will be valeted once done , so all the inside is back complete, just got the engine loom to all be pluged into sensors etc and then do a couple of other things then it's good to test. ! Yaaaayyyyyyy :)A8202288-6AAE-414D-8A3F-72E755EE1C2C_zps

0EBEBDB2-07DE-40A7-800E-27C73C38792F_zps

46FD7D23-BDFF-417D-9C72-52B1C95B9388_zps

Not bad considering I've done it all by myself bar when I had my mate to guide engine in, just want to get it done now and start it either tommorow or Tuesday :) also got my licence back on valentines day so be able to drive again after 13 months , got a little k11 Micra just to use as a daily just because insurance is so cheap, and will get pics up of that soon :)

Edited by dangeestarlet

How did it go?

Not bad I haven't plugged everything in the engine bay yet but the inside was pretty easy but time consuming, to make it easier get a big space in the house garage or whatever and put the loom all out and start joining engine loom to dash loom and then join the back loom and get some different colour insulation tape and put them on the 2 plugs you join, every plug is different so it's a matter of finding the other plug that plugs into it, and when you put the dash loom in you got to organise it so when you put the dash back in the wires will reach for switches etc