nissan/nismos new race engine.

The most impressive thing is the fact it weighs so little, but you have to question if every part is made lighter to reach the 40kg weight goal how many fatigued cycles can the engine go through before a component fails.

Still not as impressive as getting 2000bhp from a 1.5 litre engine :p

The most impressive thing is the fact it weighs so little, but you have to question if every part is made lighter to reach the 40kg weight goal how many fatigued cycles can the engine go through before a component fails.

Still not as impressive as getting 2000bhp from a 1.5 litre engine :p

It's a le man's engine so good for upto 24 hrs of almost non stop abuse.

I'm guessing you are quoting 70's F1 engines with the 2000hp? If so the lasted the whole of qualifying at that then detuned to race power for reliability for the whole of 1 race...

It's a le man's engine so good for upto 24 hrs of almost non stop abuse.

I'm guessing you are quoting 70's F1 engines with the 2000hp? If so the lasted the whole of qualifying at that then detuned to race power for reliability for the whole of 1 race...

Technically not, its only used as a backup whilst the Energy Recovery System (ERS) charges the batteries for the electric motor. Either that or they just use the 1.5 litre engine to charge the batteries, whichever way they want to work it I guess.

Nope V6 1.5 litre engine designed by a lecturer at my uni, however was never put into production for F1 because they deemed it ludicrous lol.