What's max pressure on stock Td04? ?

I've got my hands on a 38mm v band external wastegate, race-tech td04 kit. I will have all the correct supporting mods ie; fuel pump, fmic, fpr ext.

Standard internals!

What's the max pressure I can run it at using an emangae blue and apexi avcr?

I'm thinking hi boost 1.2 bar

Lo boost 0.8 bar?

240bhp would be amazing!

What are you guys running?

Edited by coxycox

I ran about 1.1 bar TD04 on an engine that had been run at 1.3 bar TD04, it had run sweet for a year or so mapped on EMU, then i got it and ran it unmapped and blew it up within a week lol.

I had put a new HG, belt, waterpump etc on it beforehand and it had 180psi across all 4. Then number 3 rod right through the sump :D

Basically its all in the mapping, stock engines have been known to blow up running CT9s at standard boost.

Also say 1 bar keeps it reliable pushing 240 would be a good risk, aftermarket LSD will help alot :)

I've got a one lsd so hopefully that will help put the power down.

I ran about 1.1 bar TD04 on an engine that had been run at 1.3 bar TD04, it had run sweet for a year or so mapped on EMU, then i got it and ran it unmapped and blew it up within a week lol.

I had put a new HG, belt, waterpump etc on it beforehand and it had 180psi across all 4. Then number 3 rod right through the sump :D

Basically its all in the mapping, stock engines have been known to blow up running CT9s at standard boost.

how come you went from mapped to no map? Sounds like you've been through it all lol. Definitely plan on getting a good map!

Wastegates of any kind are for pussies weld the flap and enjoy the boost.... Trolol

weld it up!? How would you regulate the pressure?

Quoted for truth.

seen 260+ for yonks on a stock engine.

Phil

j think you know the kit I'm getting quite well don't you Phil. . Haha . What kind of pressure would I have to run to see 260?

1.2-1.3bar? ish

then start saving for a forged engine!! just incase!

all part of the journey :)

Phil

think that's what I'm going to be doing then!

Cheers Phil

I was joking bud wastegateless would be unregulated

thought as much lol

I'm running 1.1 on wepr external waste gate setup with e manage ultimate on standard internal gt engine with no issues be4 that ran the same on glanza engine 4 3 odd years with no issues

what power did you reach at 1.1 bar?

how come you went from mapped to no map? Sounds like you've been through it all lol. Definitely plan on getting a good map!

No the previous owner of the engine was all mapped etc. i only bought the engine to get my GT shell running, i actually had a Mines ECU in it but these arent mapped to car as such.