Injectors for Hybrid CT9 1.2 bar JAM ECU

• 1 month later...

I have a JAM on my ep82 with a toytuning Hybrid (I know, quite old). The JAM over fuels even at with stock fuel components. On my wideband (AEM) you read 10 flat once the boost hits 10-12psi.

I guess that was done to compensate for the timing increase you will notice @ 4K rpms onwards.

I have a JAM on my ep82 with a toytuning Hybrid (I know, quite old). The JAM over fuels even at with stock fuel components. On my wideband (AEM) you read 10 flat once the boost hits 10-12psi.

I guess that was done to compensate for the timing increase you will notice @ 4K rpms onwards.

My boost levels are 10psi flat, 14 (low boost). 18 (high).

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking into this for days and think ive come up with some solid info for some reason I cant copy and paste? but if you go to google and type in

"changing injectors with jam ecu"

open the site from toyotagtturbo.com and there's a fella who says he ran 323cc injectors at 3.5 bar and fuelled fine and got normal fuel econamy. looking further he goes to say it again on another section were he says he ran a td04 at 1.7 bar with bigger injectors on a jam ecu

every setup will be different, folk have ran 250/300hp on jam/blitz ecus which obviously require bigger injectors.

every jam/blitz ecu will also be different.

some jams fuel great ct9 at 1bar, others fuel heavy, maybe they were mapped for a much bigger turbo.

All guesswork and hearsay, but if you get a wideband on it and see whats going on you may get on alright.

Seems odd to me to tune your car to a map and not the other way round, but so many folk are determined to do it.

Phil

I am one of them as well phil lol

what you said there is spot on though and I will probably be defeated and end up going emb or emu but for now I think il be sticking to what I have but its all guess work up to know and possibly can cost a lot of money but luckily for me 90% of the equipment was already on my car now its trying to find the right settings

I am one of them as well phil lol

what you said there is spot on though and I will probably be defeated and end up going emb or emu but for now I think il be sticking to what I have but its all guess work up to know and possibly can cost a lot of money but luckily for me 90% of the equipment was already on my car now its trying to find the right settings

Haha,

well you have pm.

Im not totally against these old school jap malarkeys, myself and ted both had a decent turn out of a old ass HKS Fcon plug and play yoke. ted was a bigger turbo than me and if i recall right actually made 280 on his ep85 (years ago though)

think it was a jam ecu+hks fcon box and the gcc with 370cc injectors.

Phil