walking out a job?? any consequences??

basically atm my job I LOVE!! but where I am at is shat!!

so thinking of making it my last day tomorrow!

I have a new job to go to and basically they have my refferences and just waiting on my CRB to return... start date etc

so the question is walking out a job does it come with any problems????

used all my holidays up so..... also pay day on friday so....

Shouldn't be unless your a nurse or a doctor or something. Always best to leave on good terms tho I've had people decide to quit and walk out and then 6 months later you get there c.v sent in because they have lost there job and are struggling to find work.

Shouldn't be unless your a nurse or a doctor or something. Always best to leave on good terms tho I've had people decide to quit and walk out and then 6 months later you get there c.v sent in because they have lost there job and are struggling to find work.

been there for 4 years.... always had good terms with staff etc manager is a different story she is awful but anyways yes its getting to the point where I cant bare it in there anymore and 4 weeks notice seems a challenge and a half!

Big thing is what industry and area you work in then. If either are small it can follow you around a guy that works for me has had the same health and safety boss In his last 4 jobs because its quite a small area they both seem to change jobs to the same places.

If its at that point where you can't grit your teeth and get on with it then aye there's no point staying. However our purchasing manager was in the same situation before he started with us and he ended up telling his boss he had a new job with a rival company and wondered if there was anyway around the notice period. He was told he could leave that day because they were. Concerned he take away important information to the rival company. When in fact he was coming to work for us I a totally different sector.

as stated, if you have took all yours holidays you may have over taking year to date.. the best thing to do would be, tell you manager that you have found another job and that this week will be your last.. if she states that you have to work notice of more than a week be honest and say that you cant stand working there anymore and that you.ve had enough.. nothing worse than being stuck with an asshole of a manager.. couple of slaps on your way out the door for good luck :)

What about my tax etc does this mess up with my p60 etc???

Also wouldn't want my new job to kno?? I just walked out lol... I mean I could explain to them why but I'd rather just not say and start fresh and leave it behind...

your tax should be ok, your only changing jobs.. if your earning less in your new job you could get a rebate come the end of the tax year.. if you talk with your manager now and explain this is your last week and give your reasons for leaving so soon, this wont look as bad mate.. sorta leaving on good enough terms.. doing this will look way better than jus not going back.. be honest your managers will appreciate it..

if it was me and i wanted to leave tomorrow, i would go and speak to the most senior person i knew, well above your immediate manager.

ask for a brief chat, explain that you have a job waiting and your ready to go, explain that you have a desire to leave ASAP as your immediate lady manager makes your daily work a nightmare (call her professionalism into question if you want) and say that you want to know in the frankest terms if anyone would mind if you worked no notice and if they do mind how much notice would they require without begrudging you your exit?

important to stress that you want to leave on good terms and that you appreciate how important that is and that lifes to short to get on the wrong side of people, but that you want to know where you stand so you can leave ASAP without causing offence.

Phil

Edited by Philm