• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive finally got my manifold fitted and shes back up and running, obviously ran into a few hurdles and stupidly thought it was a good idea to fit it at drongos house which is near enough an hour away. with the turbo now sat in a completly different place the intercooler pipework and the oil return hose was miles too short and then the thread decided to disappear on the lambda sensor . so a couple of weeks later i went back with all the bits needed to get her running.

there is a few issues to rectify now so like others have had to have done the botom port on the civic rad needs moving along to clear the wastegate.

i need to retune the ebc as its overboosting now but the rebuilt ewg is alot better than my old one, boost comes in so smooth and holds beautifully.

on the plus side it sounds fantastic the exhaust note is more aggressive and the screamer ..... just wow i love it.

now to decide on what ecu and get her mapped up and choose a tuner

So had a few issues when it came to the mot.

headlight bulb not seated correctly

front brake hoses fouling on driveshaft causing damage

lack of cat

I poked the bulb and it sprang into place whoop and easy fix.

Took the wheels off and couldn't for the life of me get the hoses to touch the driveshaft even on lock either way so a bit puzzled on that as I can't see any damage .... The cat is now my next task I'm going to visit another mot'er and smile politely and look the other way for this year but I want to get a sports cat.

On the plus note I've rebuilt my fake turbosmart waste gate and fitted a genuine diaphram, seated the valve with grinding paste and fitted it to my manifold ready for fitting this weekend :-)

I won a civic dual core rad on the bay so I'm hoping its here in time to fit that.

Had the same problem regarding the brake hoses, when all four wheels are of the floor, if your car is lowered it forces the driveshafts to sit further up causing them to rub on the hoses. I just pulled mine back through the bracket a little and hasn't moved since!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So next update:

She's been clay barred and waxed a good few times which has given her a nice reflection but paint looks very grey in comparrison to other starlets :-(

Then I got a delivery from Russ78

post-11399-0-70998600-1461694215_thumb.j

post-11399-0-19410400-1461694266_thumb.j

I would reccomend russ's service to anyone, impressed is an understatement.

So at first light today I got all my old brake setup stripped off and got them fitted I was expecting it to be more of a task but I got both fitted and bled up in a hour and half. Straight away I noticed the difference in pedal nice and firm but the feel is just so much more.

My old setup got cleaned up and fitted to the Mrs's Sr today so she's happy and I'm happier knowing she's got some better brakes.

Here's my end result :-)

post-11399-0-54803300-1461694599_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Any pics of brake comparison? How much were they? Also what discs and pads are used to replace? :)

Not on my phone I may have on the laptop,

Here's a link to one of his old adds, there's levin twin pots or the celica single pots

I believe they are oem pads and Astra g discs machines down

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a photo taken by Peter Allen at japfest Rock.

Glad you like the picture! Always nice speaking to you at the shows and thanks for looking after my camera for me when I was out on track a Japfest at Silverstone! Love 3 spoke wheels!