Lee's Red Starlet Sportif! - R.I.P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the past month I've got the bodywork done on the drivers side of the starlet, all of the dents and stuff removed! We managed to get a pretty good colour match too so I'm pretty happy with it :) I also put the machine polisher over the rest of the car and its come up pretty well too :) I also got my new N/a front bumper painted and ready to go on. Unsure what to do to it next to be honest! anyway heres a couple of pics! :)

IMG_46511_zps3juvpej9.jpg

IMG_47011_zpsagfaa0kl.jpg

IMG_47161_zpsibvcasfe.jpg

IMG_47191_zpskdrafmlm.jpg

IMG_46491_zpsqhw1aey3.jpg

• 1 month later...

So over the past month I've got a couple of things done to the starlet. First I got my other N/A bumper sorted and painted as my original had a wrong coloured blend on it and a crack in it and I also fitted another new Cupra Spiltter. I also managed to get hold of some Reflet Crystal Clear head lights which I think give the front end a cleaner look :)

IMG_50371_zpsimbu2fvu.jpg

IMG_50341_zpsij1md53k.jpg

IMG_50381_zpsjzekl4mx.jpg

IMG_50841_zpsqy4vwm7z.jpg

IMG_50861_zpsuvhncnos.jpg

IMG_50811_zpsegyxy9ft.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Tidy mate looks mint!!

Credit to you mate, looks really nice! Glad you got rid of them big wheels you had on it before.

Aamir

Wow thats awsome! Them wheels and rear lights just make it so much better

Good work

Cheers for the nice comments lads! :thumbsup: yeah them wheels definitely set the car off and are a lot better than them 16" adikts I had on before :)

Lee.

So the other day I decided to fit a gas strut to the bonnet, just went to the scrappy and got a boot strut off a K11 micra and stuck it on :) I also put in some ice blue bulbs in the crystal lights. I do intend to fit my paseo dials and Cusco strut brace at some point too.

IMG_51631_zpsbk4vlptf.jpg

IMG_51671_zpspmdlcq2w.jpg

Sweet little NA this! Nice to see someone not going down the Glanza front end route for once.

May I make a suggestion? Have you thought about trimming the central slats on the splitter down a bit? I did it on mine and it looked more level with the rest of the splitter.

Keep it up

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet little NA this! Nice to see someone not going down the Glanza front end route for once.

May I make a suggestion? Have you thought about trimming the central slats on the splitter down a bit? I did it on mine and it looked more level with the rest of the splitter.

Keep it up

Cheers mate! Really appreciated :thumbsup:

Your NA has been an influence to me, I've read your progress blog 3 or 4 times :)

Yeah I agree they do need cut down a bit more but its definitely more level than the first splitter I had on

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

So over the past little while I've got a couple of things done to the starlet, I got the oil and filter changed again, got the filter from ID-Workz and used castrol magnatec oil. I also changed the discs for Mtec drilled and grooved ones and the pads for brembos! I also got my fire extinguisher properly bolted down to one of the rear seat mounts and I decided to paint the inside boot back panel to freshen it up! And yesterday I got the car on the 2 poster and got the whole underneath U-Pol Raptored to protect it for winter! its the stuff the use to line the beds of pickups so its extremely hard wearing and durable :) I forgot to get a picture of it all done but the picture of the axle shows the texture of it!

Thats really it for now, got a few things I want to do to it, so I'll update once I've done them :)

Sorry for the picture spam! :p

IMG_52561_zpsw2gzw6kk.jpg

IMG_52881_zpsfayidps4.jpg

IMG_53111_zpsqca51uyh.jpg

IMG_53541_zps7xxugzqy.jpg

IMG_53561_zps9vyrdjh5.jpg

IMG_53671_zpshb38ecdq.jpg

IMG_53681_zps4sgummsn.jpg

IMG_53701_zpsuqeeocbz.jpg

IMG_53711_zps1yu6g4ty.jpg

IMG_53721_zpsyrt3ekzv.jpg

Looking good!

Cheers mate! really appreciated :thumbsup:

Beautiful mate

Thanks man! your car is looking perfect by the way :thumbsup:

I love how simple and clean this looks! Great job

Cheers mate! Nice comments are really appreciated :) your progress is looking great!

I also forgot to say I've got a clear cam cover to fit and I'll get the cusco panhard rod fitted now the underneath has been undersealed! I'm also going to get the rocker cover properly polished up and look at doing the amber side light mod.

I'm also toying with the idea of doing a full glanza rear and just leaving the N/A front, maybe smooth the bump strips in on the front bumper or something like that so it would match the glanza rear one and changing the whole exhaust system. has anyone got any pics of this done at all? :)

IMG_53931_zpsheyeatwj.jpg