Are rev limiters bad ?

From what ive seen/heard the omex ones seem alright, if you want to do it properly tho it should be done through an aftermarket ecu.

Yeah my friends one sounds sick. I know the rev limiters are more for noise than anything. Atm I'm running a full hybrid and waiting to buy a JAM ecu so the limiter would be used for the launch.

Anything that cuts ignition isn't great simple, I have Neptune management with launch control and rev limit. It will still burn the exhaust valves and more eventually if you go mad. If you really want a rev limiter and launch control go fuel cut not ignition.... If you want bangs and flames then get ignition cut

I dont think fuel cut is good. Because you can run lean with fuel cut. If you ask me ignition cut isnt good either. The ignition should be retarded about 30 degrees which should keep the revs steady. Would also be like antilag. Also fuel cut doesnt seem to be quick enough at high revs. Hence why all high end performance and race card use ignition retard. But i do not know of any rev limiters that can do that apart from standalone ecus.

They all work in the same way. wiring is different on some and others have bad press for silly reasons. but in the end they all interupt the ignition system. The reason Bee*R's are thought to be "worse" is because you can control the gain which means you can change the length and/or frequency of the interruption to the signal.

Which means that you can get bigger bangs with the bee*R.

Edited by richardc9052

Hi there, I think I can ask there because we are talking about revlimiters

Someone there did heard somthing about PrecisionTuning RL-1 rev limiter raiser for Greddy blue?

Does he still works fine?

Is the rl1 a really good make product or is it really cheap and easy to make one form myself? (I do electronics fine)

Edited by LeCid974

I have an Omex in mine and she will NEVER EVER bang or pop or flame unless you act the bolix and pump the throttle, if you use it only for launching it's epic. Key is to not act the ballbag with it.