• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will look smart with the alloys on. But better still handle better. But refurbish alloys is the worst job :/

Yeah, looking forward to putting them on! Oh I love refurbish wheels! Best job ever ;)! Not too bad condition though!

Will change the handling loads! My bros ep80 was much better after a the suspension was swapped out to trd shocks and springs aswell, stops the lean. But the alloys will kill the deadly understear the oem steels give lol. And if you love refubing wheels joe you and adam fancey doing the 18's off my aristo haha :D

Edited by shorty

Will change the handling loads! My bros ep80 was much better after a the suspension was swapped out to trd shocks and springs aswell, stops the lean. But the alloys will kill the deadly understear the oem steels give lol. And if you love refubing wheels joe you and adam fancey doing the 18's off my aristo haha :D

Got some suspension on the way too! I hate the handling at the moment, it's horrid!

I do love refurbing wheels, I've sacrificed my nails to help do some stuff with him/for me! Jo* ;)! I like the refurb process, if it all goes well. One of my alloys wasn't coming clean from the shit all over it, so I put it to one side and neglected it then moaned at Adam to do it for me haha! Looking forward to seeing them finished !!!

SO.

I treated myself to some suspension(shocks/springs)... arrived today, thanks to Max9650 :)!

Adam helped me and did most of the undoing nuts and bolts as I'm too weak.

Before and after.. doesn't look much but handles so so much better, with extra bounce ha :)!

Before.

20140702_134934.jpg

After.

20140702_181325.jpg

Looks a shit load better, do you like how it drives now?

What is it with you and adam that just cba to mount numberplates!

Drives beaut :)!

Haha, we're special, nah my back one snapped off.. and haven't had time to pull the broken screws out of the boot lid. Plus getting new plates soon :)!

Mine was a death trap before i put it on kyb shocks and springs and alloys and a front strut brace... want a front arb too but all in good time.

love the ep80's so much haha theyre more rare than GT's these days!

mine needs a clutch which the cheapest i've found being around the £70 mark :( so i'm seriously swaying towards putting a 4efe in it with power steering etc as it would only cost around £150 to do that or £70 for a clutch.

Oh and we may just have a mint ep80 numper bar with your name on it if youre interested ;)

Mine was a death trap before i put it on kyb shocks and springs and alloys and a front strut brace... want a front arb too but all in good time. love the ep80's so much haha theyre more rare than GT's these days! mine needs a clutch which the cheapest i've found being around the £70 mark :( so i'm seriously swaying towards putting a 4efe in it with power steering etc as it would only cost around £150 to do that or £70 for a clutch. Oh and we may just have a mint ep80 numper bar with your name on it if youre interested ;)

Yeah, I felt like I was kind of flying everywhere and if I went slightly too fast round a corner it felt like I was going to tip!

Ditto, I agree. They have so much character as well.. few of my friends still ask me why I have an old boring car..!

Touch wood, mechanically mines sweet.. hope I haven't jinxed anything.

All that needs doing is resprays in places. Paint costs a fortune in my colour though, as I found out yesterday :(!

I may take this off your hands, thank you. I do have a bumper that me and Adam are trialling on her, see how it looks etc. If not I'm keeping the original on and refurbing it!

Alloys hopefully going on this coming week, paint bought for them also.

Photographs really do disguise imperfections.. :D

20140706_202939-001.jpg

Dropping alloys off to be painted soon... Ahem (aaddzz123 home)!

Not much to update, weather is too shite to do anything.

Edited by JoJo123

So we got some nice weather the past couple of days - so I pestered aaddzz123 to help me finish my alloys off.

I've been told I have to give him 99% of the credit for these.

20140710_142711.jpg

Before the lacquer.

20140710_152045.jpg

After! (Note the little specs are actually glittery and not dirt..)

Here's a slight before and after..

20140710_142703.jpg

They are all finished now, just awaiting two tyres to be popped on to the other two alloys.. So currently rocking 2 steels and 2 alloys!

99% credit to Adam Yates and 1% credit to me :p !!!

Well chuffed with them, only bog standard alloys but I have a bog standard car :D .

1% to yourself? You did a bit of sanding and cleaned them all up n stuff :p. Got to give yourself at least 4.2% credit haha ;). Joint effort.

Few more pictures of the other ones. Really really nice colour in the light :). Could do with some smaller tyres but for now they'll do :).

20140712_001935_zps34js7qhc.jpg

20140712_001756_zpspdo7bigt.jpg

20140712_001824_zpsvsn1wwit.jpg

LookingOod! Get them on the car!

Two of them are on, read haha :)!

1% to yourself? You did a bit of sanding and cleaned them all up n stuff :p. Got to give yourself at least 4.2% credit haha ;). Joint effort.Few more pictures of the other ones. Really really nice colour in the light :).

Okay 4.2% haha. Glad you brought them in :p!

Quick snap at work.. back ones on, still looks fairly stilt like mind!20140712_065709.jpg

That is going to look quite smart Miss Collis. I have to say!

There gonna proper suit it!

Have you thought about painted the tops of the door frames black, to blend in with the windows and window borders...

Like on the Imported Starlets. Would look really smart of this tbh!

See Pic

post-2707-0-82437100-1405153494.jpg

I am actually keen on that car Matt. Looking to make the indicators clear.. looks much cleaner imo. Also may consider the door idea, massive want for wind deflectors then though :(!

They look awesome!

I love them, didn't expect them to turn out like they did. Well happy with them :D