New member in sunny lancashire.

Hey mate... Did you buy the one in your picture?

I saw this for sale on here. Was up in Scotland iirc.

When I saw the for sale advertisement on Facebook for this I stayed well clear. Looked quite rough and the advert was pretty poor.

No offence to you here but I'm glad I saw past the Enkei wheels and Livesports spoiler and avoided it.

On a much nicer note. Welcome to UKSO. Im also from Lancashire, Blackpool. Good luck with the Glanza and hope you get up and running again soon!

Hi. Yeah I bought the one in the pic from a fella in scotland. All in all, the car is in pretty good nick and has had alot of money spent on it with every receipt. The car does need abit of a spruce up and im more than prepared to spend on it...I just wasnt expecting to have this amount of trouble already. But owel, these things are sent to test us.

Hi. Yeah I bought the one in the pic from a fella in scotland. All in all, the car is in pretty good nick and has had alot of money spent on it with every receipt. The car does need abit of a spruce up and im more than prepared to spend on it...I just wasnt expecting to have this amount of trouble already. But owel, these things are sent to test us.

They are indeed my mate... Id flush out the whole cooling system, rad the lot... clean it all up. Oil levels etc...Replace the thermostat. See how they go from there. Always best to do the smaller things than to jump straight to the HG. If you look after these cars they can be fantastic little cars. As far as im aware its an external wastegate CT9 setup on that car isn't it?

They are indeed my mate... Id flush out the whole cooling system, rad the lot... clean it all up. Oil levels etc...Replace the thermostat. See how they go from there. Always best to do the smaller things than to jump straight to the HG. If you look after these cars they can be fantastic little cars. As far as im aware its an external wastegate CT9 setup on that car isn't it?

Thats right. External waste gate, hybrid ct9 @.9bar. HKS silent power decat full system, 421 manifold. 220bhp at the flywheel allegedly.

Im going to completely flush the system 1st. When I get time. Hopefully it should be right. As soon as I noticed the temp spike up, I immediately pulled over so hopefully it hasnt done too much damage.

Im going to completely flush the system 1st. When I get time. Hopefully it should be right. As soon as I noticed the temp spike up, I immediately pulled over so hopefully it hasnt done too much damage.

Just seen your other post now...Would be interesting to see if 220bhp is an accurate figure!.. Hope its all good. Id definitely give it a good servicing, clean up and get that thermostat changed before doing anything else.

Im not sure how accurate 220 is. I think thats abit inflated...but if it was abit poorly on the way back this could of effected something. Certainly doesnt feel 220 anyway I dont think.

Thank you all. As I said earlier...this is my 1st starlet and its not started off as well as what I was hoping. Is there anything else I should look out for on them? Any advice is good advice.