To stay EP91 or not..

So, I have a fair bit of money about to come my way after being owed it a long time. And I have 2 choices. Its either spend a lot on the glanza and tailor it exactly to my needs (meisters, forged, td04, managment, polybushes, alloys, styling) Basically get it exactly how i want it, in one go.

Or sell the glanza and have nearly 8k for something else. I do really love my starlet, and even after buying my s2k and after 2 years of not owning one, i missed the 4efte and got another lol. If i do this I intend to keep it for the forseable future, until it dies infact, as ill be buying a 5 door diesel as a family car (im a single father of two kids, and im their only carer/provider, so its needed)

Almost pointless question, but people on here have epic glanza's, and im wondering, at the end of the day, was it all worth it? I drove Redz11's EP82 the other night and fell in love with how it responded/drove. Apart from its front shocks possibly needing looking at, it was epic in corners, and with a blitz k24 it boosted almost on the dot out of corners, although its taken him 2.5 years its a car he has tailored to his needs, and its something id like to do.

Opinions?

The question comes up a lot I guess.

And it really is down to you. Everyone will just say keep it, regardless of anything going on in your life. If someone doesn't have to pay for it then they will tell you anything. You always get your mates saying 'just buy this' 'just buy that'.... Well yes, obviously you're going to say buy this and that because you ain't the one paying lol!!

Is it worth it?

There's two ways to look at that question. Financially, fuck no it's not worth spending all those thousands of pounds on a 1.3 1990's car lol.. You'd have to be an absolute meth addict to look back and think fuck yeah 15 grand so far and I can justify every single penny of it. Just no.

On the flip side.. It's worth it because it's a sense of achievement of coming so far with it. When you drive it, the way it makes you feel. All the bad things disappear and all that matters is there and then.

But you know what man, only you can decide which way you look at it. It's your car, your money, your family, your choice!

People here can only guide you so far, and give their opinion (which is 99.9% be to keep it lol).

Having sold several EPs for the likes of Impreza, GT4, Evo5, 6, S14a, R32gtr, I can tell you for now keep the EP, use it as a daily and buy whatever it is you want on top.

Otherwise you will sell the V and regret it trust me I have done it 6 times now lol.

Having sold several EPs for the likes of Impreza, GT4, Evo5, 6, S14a, R32gtr, I can tell you for now keep the EP, use it as a daily and buy whatever it is you want on top.

Otherwise you will sell the V and regret it trust me I have done it 6 times now lol.

Same man, had an EK9 turbo and an S2000 since, would love an evo 6 GSR but the glanza looks so awesome to me haha. thanks for the input :) rock-kick-ass has convinced me into buying his rays (not much convincing needed, my favorite wheels!!) So im 90% tipped towards completing this EP91 and doing a nice build :) RWD is really good fun.. but the EP is so predictable it almost feels like cheating lol

Edited by Dizzy

Evo VI are epic cars I sold my TME this year to downsize and Id have another, but I would def keep this EP as a daily/pocket rocket. I know an Evo owner who has one as a daily, and Skyline owner who has an EP82 as a daily and they spend more money tweeking their EP than they do their big toys and drive them more lol.

As mentioned I wouldn't pump to much into it imo I would get it to a reasonable spec that you'd be happy with without breaking the bank and take your young one's on a epic holiday as good memories last forever! I've spent a lot on mine so far and im looking to spend more to fix it and enjoy it just so I can justify what ive spent out already if I had of known what I know now I might have done thing's a little different and not gone so mad, I'm to far in to look back :)

The question comes up a lot I guess.

And it really is down to you. Everyone will just say keep it, regardless of anything going on in your life. If someone doesn't have to pay for it then they will tell you anything. You always get your mates saying 'just buy this' 'just buy that'.... Well yes, obviously you're going to say buy this and that because you ain't the one paying lol!!

Is it worth it?

There's two ways to look at that question. Financially, fuck no it's not worth spending all those thousands of pounds on a 1.3 1990's car lol.. You'd have to be an absolute meth addict to look back and think fuck yeah 15 grand so far and I can justify every single penny of it. Just no.

On the flip side.. It's worth it because it's a sense of achievement of coming so far with it. When you drive it, the way it makes you feel. All the bad things disappear and all that matters is there and then.

But you know what man, only you can decide which way you look at it. It's your car, your money, your family, your choice!

People here can only guide you so far, and give their opinion (which is 99.9% be to keep it lol).

Nice reply! lol Ye i guess so, i suppose once its finished its pretty much the car I want and I know it wont be too bad maintenance wise Thanks for the reply man :)

Evo VI are epic cars I sold my TME this year to downsize and Id have another, but I would def keep this EP as a daily/pocket rocket. I know an Evo owner who has one as a daily, and Skyline owner who has an EP82 as a daily and they spend more money tweeking their EP than they do their big toys and drive them more lol.

EP's are so under rated its unreal, their awesome fun for a 1.3 turbo aha! I couldnt afford to keep an EP and another jap beast on the road tho :(

As mentioned I wouldn't pump to much into it imo I would get it to a reasonable spec that you'd be happy with without breaking the bank and take your young one's on a epic holiday as good memories last forever! I've spent a lot on mine so far and im looking to spend more to fix it and enjoy it just so I can justify what ive spent out already if I had of known what I know now I might have done thing's a little different and not gone so mad, I'm to far in to look back :)

I know what im like, after handling etc id want more power, and reliable power.. eg forged :( I have a big treat for my kids in mind dont worry haha ;) My son has learning difficulties and is only two, when hes a little older I've made a promise to myself ill take him to disneyland for sure! he'll love it! :)

i have had a few starlets, and every time i have bought another similar small hatchback i ALWAYS go back to starlets.

i found myself thinking yeah this cars ok and i enjoy it i guess but its not a STARLET.

the day i sold my first starlet to my mate to buy a 106 indigo blue rallye he steamed of ahead of me etc and i just thought what have i done,seriously i am a dick and all i could think about was the starlet and how much work i had put in and how it made me feel.

so to sumarise and agree with others above,you can get other cars out there and they will be cool and ok but they will never be that hit of wickedness that you used to get from ure starlet

good luck in what ever u choose buddy

Edited by mikey4410

Starlets are a great little car, we all know that, but as a family car they are far from ideal / safe.

In the ideal world have the Starlet as a toy / project / weekend car etc. and get something more sensible for the family.

Owning 2 cars isnt really as expensive as most people make out.