Cracked head, need help!

So I'm just wondering what I can get done to fix this.

I've already spoke with Rbz who has been awesome so far as always but I need more opinions/ help.

Where the manifold bolts on, it has cracked around the head.

Can it be welded? If it can be welded, does the head have to come off?

If it can't be welded, do I need a new head?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20140301_152517_zpsfc5b0a54.jpg

20140301_152542_zpsab9af651.jpg

20140301_152504_zpsab56c3c8.jpg

some guys use chemical metal around these to keep them going anyone with a tig welder should be able to tig it for you can be done while head is on but removing the turbo and manifold would make it handier

Where are you located lad?

Newcastle Upon Tyne

New head needed

:/

some guys use chemical metal around these to keep them going anyone with a tig welder should be able to tig it for you can be done while head is on but removing the turbo and manifold would make it handier

Yeah I got told about chemical metal, not sure it would do the trick though. :/

If your ever around Preston area my cousin runs a fabrication business I'm sure you could get it welded there. I know it's far from you but just incase your ever I. The area

Ok.

You can use chemical metal mate but it won't last the trip to work I can assure you you can pick heads up pretty cheap mate personally ied just replace the head or weld it think there your options buddy :)

You can use chemical metal mate but it won't last the trip to work I can assure you you can pick heads up pretty cheap mate personally ied just replace the head or weld it think there your options buddy :)

Yeah I've thought about buying a new head. It's just finding one, then its finding someone to do the swap over.

I was even playing with the idea of taking it off the road for couple months to save up and just buy a new engine. :/

Yeah I've thought about buying a new head. It's just finding one, then its finding someone to do the swap over.

I was even playing with the idea of taking it off the road for couple months to save up and just buy a new engine. :/

new engine over a cracked head? :sad:

new engine over a cracked head? :sad:

I should have said, saving up and buying a forged engine. :/

But yes I know it stupid.

I just can't find anyone who will touch this...

If your struggling to find in the uk I can probably get you one in Ireland cheap. Would probably only have valves, springs and caps for the cams.

Le me know and I'll get a price for one.

If I get stuck I'll drop you a message.

Did it happen in the same place?

Yeah mate exactly the same place. Pretty sure the head has to be removed as a new hole has to be drilled and threaded after it's been filled with metal.

2D2A9FAF-BFF3-4D2B-A345-BBA2C96241A0.jpg

Edited by Vturbo