semi slicks.....what ones are best?

Any big name brands but you can't just stick semi slicks on and get full performance out of them you need to set your car up to use them for example Trackdays you can be more aggressive with setup you can run stiffer springs,camber,toe etc but this will compromise road setup can't have both with out £££££&&£££££ :)

I'm of the school of thought that what works on track doesn't work on road and visa versa. There will always be a compromise, so if you're using the car on the road, you don't want an out and out semi-slick, or rather, R rated tyre. Semi slicks, are slick tyres with cuts in them, and aren't road legal.

Some of the more road friendly tyres are R1R, AD08, 595rsr. I ran a 595rsr on my M3, and it was decent on the road and good on track, but not as good as a good road tyre, or a Kumho or A048r on track.

i know this mate its going to be set up for fast road / track. I've got plenty of £££ so i dont need to worry about that.

It doesn't matter how much money you have, or how much money you throw at it. A road car will always be compromised on track, a track car will always be compromised on the road.

yes I have to agree with r888 comment. although I didnt think they wore that bad tbh.

that comes down to how balanced a car is.any shitty unbalanced car with kill tyres very well.

the r888 are good on the streets as they are soft but never really gonna get much heat in them.

and as for the track.i would say mindblowingly grippy would be what I would say.

I run ad08rs on the road and a048s on track and both are brilliant tyres running 300hp bit biased towards yokohammas tho as get good prices through work:)

Edited by akaye4000

I run ad08rs on the road and a048s on track and both are brilliant tyres running 300hp bit biased towards yokohammas tho as get good prices through work:)

How good are they at putting 300bhp down?

it will be set up at a happy medium. at the end of the day it isnt a track car i know, however that doesnt mean i cant use it on the track. its between the r888s and the ad08rs. might even get a set of each and use the ad08rs on the road whilst keeping the r888 for the track

Just about grips in second but most chassis and suspension mods have been done.

That's with the ad08rs and grips fine with a048s both in dry conditions don't even bother in the wet lol

Sounds better than the level of grip I get at the minute!

• 1 month later...