Boost restricted at 0.5 bar (pics inside)

hi guys here is the set up of my standard glanza

I have had a gt turbo engine swap

I am running a standard ct9 turbo

stock ecu

manual boost controller

fuel pressure regulator

I have recently purchased this, it seems a little wierd and I am confused as to why someone has put a FPR on a standard glanza

my problem is that at full foot in third gear the boost shown on the gauge does not exceed 0.5 bar. I'm not too sure but perhaps it might be something to do with the FPR? any help is appreciated thanks guys

20140421_140502_zpsf8cffd9a.jpg

20140421_140547_zpsb15eb077.jpg

20140421_141348_zpsbd85009b.jpg

Have you checked for any boost leaks?

yes mate I have had a look at the intercooler piping it seems fine. Also may I mention the car is running very rich and you can smell strong fuel fumes at high revs and at engine start

Has it got a fcd on it and have you tried looping the actuator straight to the turbo to see if it's pulling any better boost others will be able to confirm if this will work

Is the fuel pressure set to standard 2.4

no mate I don't have a FCD, and how do I adjust the fuel pressure to 2.4?

with a rrfpr thats worth adjusting is how.

unless thats a turbo smart one in the picture above u really need to get a decent one regardless of wether it works ok.

the quality of those is shocking and it will destroy ure motor if it starts to fail which is likely.

i still think ure actuator is fooked.yes they are 0.65 standard but your talking about a spring that is potentially 18 years old plus.

with a rrfpr thats worth adjusting is how.

unless thats a turbo smart one in the picture above u really need to get a decent one regardless of wether it works ok.

the quality of those is shocking and it will destroy ure motor if it starts to fail which is likely.

i still think ure actuator is fooked.yes they are 0.65 standard but your talking about a spring that is potentially 18 years old plus.

ok yes I do think it is a cheap turbo smart one, I haven't touched anything in the bay as I brought it like this

would it be better to remove the FPR as I am running totally standard anyway?

pul of the 2nd pipe from actuater and leave the 1 on from actuater to turbo she should be boosting 11/12psi or 0.8bar

ab out your question on how to adjust the rrfpr the nut ontop loosen it a bit then you can screw in the bolt of it that adjust the fp !!!!! 2.4 is good for 12 psi stock