Bussey's Billet GT2867 323bhp V

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. You say 20, 20 what? I didn't know you could measure preload easily?

Or did you wind springs and set dampers to 20? Lol been a long day

Hahaha it's cool man,

I've has the fronts at 32 and the rears at 28. Setup was rock hard but back still a bit too all over the place.

Then tried 24 front, 18 rear, a lot better on the road but only made the back end more out of touch.

Now lowered the pre load on the rear, and kept the 24 and put the rear to 20. Has actullaly made a huge diffrence.

To be honest I just wanted the car to handle like my clio sport on the lanes :lol: getting there but still two diffrent worlds apart.

OH! Yeah I run a lot less on road, typically 15/10. But balance has changed loads since changing my setup (preload, ride height and difference ARBs) so I need to play about with it too.

How does is the clio different? Always liked those cars

Sweet didn't realise you were doing track time, me and a few pals are doing some aswell. My mate in that 440bhp mk3 astra is coming to

Awesome mate! I'll have to grab your number and cruise up there with you and Ben :)

Sounds sweet James hopefully it stay nice and reliable for you so you can enjoy it

Cheers will! Yeah I hope so too mate :)

OH! Yeah I run a lot less on road, typically 15/10. But balance has changed loads since changing my setup (preload, ride height and difference ARBs) so I need to play about with it too.

How does is the clio different? Always liked those cars

Haven't been that low yet mate, seems like it's pretty bang on at the minute though I dare say.

And the clios just feel so responsive and forgiving in corners, that's all I want from this. Seems anyone can jump into one and instantly be a quick b road driver. No jokes I've done some testing with some mates with very very poor driving abilities :lol:

But yeah unfortunately they are two different worlds apart, one a 172bhp open diff piece of French metal that's made for twists. The other a 323bhp LSD tin can that leaves 11's everywhere. I can't see me winning personally, but it's a lot better!

Edited by Bussey

Will be good to see this screaming round track

Yeah hopefully it survives the whole 20 minutes :lol:

Just seen its on sunday! So i should be there!

Sweet mate :)

Starlet on coilovers on B roads is a treacherous business lol

Yeah I just give up now :lol:

Haven't been that low yet mate, seems like it's pretty bang on at the minute though I dare say.

And the clios just feel so responsive and forgiving in corners, that's all I want from this. Seems anyone can jump into one and instantly be a quick b road driver. No jokes I've done some testing with some mates with very very poor driving abilities :lol:

But yeah unfortunately they are two different worlds apart, one a 172bhp open diff piece of French metal that's made for twists. The other a 323bhp LSD tin can that leaves 11's everywhere. I can't see me winning personally, but it's a lot better!

Yeah on track I think I went right up near to max stiffness because Donington is so smooth, then again your BC's have harder springs.

I've always liked and wanted to drive the 172/182 but don't know if I could ever own one. Weird thing is I've changed and added so much on my suspension mods but I'm still trying to achieve the same balance it had on just springs and braces! Used to be able to slide it through corners so nicely, but saying that the parts I have now haven't been set to their best (preload etc).

Yeah on track I think I went right up near to max stiffness because Donington is so smooth, then again your BC's have harder springs.

I've always liked and wanted to drive the 172/182 but don't know if I could ever own one. Weird thing is I've changed and added so much on my suspension mods but I'm still trying to achieve the same balance it had on just springs and braces! Used to be able to slide it through corners so nicely, but saying that the parts I have now haven't been set to their best (preload etc).

You know it ! Clio is only on springs and would love it to handle like that !

Failing that I'll just man up though :lol:

Would love to take mine on track, have a 197 cup for track use already 👍,

Car will be flying round on Sunday , hope it goes well pal !! A load of effort gone into this beast by the looks of things. 😍

Oh nice ! And cheers man appreciate it :)

I'll be around on Sunday mate, I'll keep an eye out on track for ya.

Cheers mate, will be in the midday session :)

Got round to doing something that ive wanted to do for a long while now, was just too scared to get the disc cutter out.

All done though, so so much better!

DIY short shifter

3CD2EF44-5354-405F-A48E-6BDB4F0E9C78.jpg

BD2F568D-CFB9-4D0D-801C-9E4084EB6B5D.jpg

Didn't really get any pictures of the interesting stuff :lol:

Sits like this now though, linkage is barely 1mm off the floor.

C0169F15-9ACF-4645-AC94-EDF7B3AB69FC.jpg

Oh and a quick wax because I was quite content with finding something else to do,

3675D217-8852-42DE-98E8-B6C75FA061DB.jpg

Jf2 was a bit of a flop, ended up getting pretty stressed out in the morning from all the parking problems, then to top things the gear linkage snapping on track.

minus that, car was pretty spot on, video of what happened on track here, also sorry to all the people who came over and tried having a chat whilst i was bodging the car so i could get home.....wasent a happy bunny at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6XXb__5uU

Few pictures from the weekend.

Only update from the weekend is me getting prices for a set of 4 R888r's. If anyone can get a set of 4 for less than £418.00 then please let me know :lol:

B7D8C0BE-70C4-4B03-A88D-A6FED4D21A91.png

D1872831-E51C-4211-A37D-BB8071641121.jpg

B7FE1C49-65E0-4F1B-AEF0-51859C2546E3.jpg

7A90BD7D-4569-42E5-A84C-A49094DB3B19.jpg

Oh and credit to the people that got the photos :)

Think I need some r888s or ad08s after my mishap on track lol :)

Saw that video man, left more rubber than the drifters :lol:

After seeing the R888r's Sunday my minds set, just no way am I paying full price, I'll get a cheap set one way or another haha