Bussey's Billet GT2867 323bhp V

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you firing her up?

Fingers crossed for you bud!

List of things I need to do before that are ( list of phone :lol: )

Air Filter

Gearbox oil

Fit new plugs / dizzy

Make up exhaust / screamer

New copper washers for water lines

New turbo oil feed

Mikalor for intercooler pipe to turbo

Then I'll fire her up and fingers crossed we get some life :)

More progress tonight, lots and lots of jubilee clips fitted, every line I could see is now rocking brand new shiny ones.

All vacuum lines on, wastegate plumbed up, rocker cover breathers and catch tank fitted, all inter cooler pipes on and tight.

Delays -

Needs a new Turbo oil feed, should be he re tommorow.

Needs new water line adapters for the turbo and the old lines and connections leak. Ordered some tonight from HEL so they should be here Wednesday.

All the loom is connected back up but the starters not turning over, it's like the battery's dead? But you don't even get the click....as soon as you turn the key all power just dies until you turn back the key to normal ignition. Any suggestions? Got a feeling it's going to be a tiny earth that's been missed off the starter or some shit.

Day off tommorow as I'm working tonight, should get the exhaust system made up fingers crossed :)

394CC93C-6609-41B2-B55D-0836866D2CAB.jpg

Edited by Bussey

Come on! Almost there hope it goes well matey!

Never been so stressed out to be honest mate, last stretch is killing me! So many little niggles.

Haven't had even 5 minutes if time to myself in the last 3 days, all have been spent in the garage. :(

How much did it cost to get the first manifold made up mate if you dont mind me asking? Looking for somewhere to make a custom mani

Too much mate, about 800 quid, was an idiot for paying it to be honest

Well with some more help from steve and a phonecall to George, SHE LIVES.

Only let her idle up to running temp today, but oh my god the whistle is so loud :lol:

Very happy man, wouldn't have been able to get this far without all the help from the local lot!

Much love

Sorry for the lack of updates, been way to busy enjoying running in the car :lol:

200 miles down, running spot on, we had a few issues with ignition timing/fueling on first startup but there now all sorted. Did a plug check end of play tonight and all are dark browny/black. Have been using the wideband to run her in, so mostly trying to stay between 11-13 :)

Mapping august the 4th so not long to go!

7E198D5F-6C69-4738-B92B-B07195B3FA0F.jpg

22219809-8FA5-4609-BE03-276D59A82D3B.jpg

E964F78A-46D6-4ACB-BF1D-365B462E49C6.jpg

Well with some more help from steve and a phonecall to George, SHE LIVES.

Only let her idle up to running temp today, but oh my god the whistle is so loud :lol:

Very happy man, wouldn't have been able to get this far without all the help from the local lot!

Much love

Bet it was the battery being very weak......was it?

I'm pretty happy right now, I'm almost certain the most stressful part of this is behind me now :lol:

Just been getting stuff ready for mapping really, done 500 miles running in. And she's not missed a beat! Very happy.

Since last update-

-New 3 inch exhaust system made up in stainless with 1 hefty centre box (still won't shut up the massive whistle from the 28 haha )

- heat range 8 plugs fitted

- 4 oil/filter changes in total done running in

- old front bumper fitted with the livesports lip, to get rid of the nasty front exit holes

- alignment done, 0.4 degrees toe in, 1.8 degrees negative camber, not to sure what they did with the caster

And as of tonight, I pressure tested her and......

2099287F-C0A2-4A3F-941C-567EDC1D7EF8.jpg

Boom! 125 over all 4 on a 1.4mm HG and standard depth pistons :D

Tommorow I'll be chucking in my oil of choice and a genuine filter, then it's just a case of a few niggly bits then she's all ready for mapping on the 3rd/4th!

Mega happy. Few more snaps whilst I'm here.

75CEB59A-8E2D-46A1-B431-512AC9245B3C.jpg

47AD928D-9210-48BE-A503-623C8E0B5C36.jpg

01F62531-A64C-402A-89D4-7D9D62069D44.jpg

2E5339A7-B4EF-475A-AF0C-51D802A6D2E2.jpg

Peace.