Bussey's Billet GT2867 323bhp V

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too flashy you Bussey too much money lol

I don't have too much money at all! Whilst I'm building this I'm eating out of bins and wearing dustbin bags as clothes. Prioritys mate :lol:

Good news for tonight.

Found out my flywheel got a bit hotter than imagined, may need to calm the right foot down a bit now :lol:

Big thanks to steve for sorting me out. Big love!

New top/old bottom

CEF2A43E-AFFD-405A-A282-0EE7CEA23BF3.jpg

Oh and in the 14 months she hadn't had electrics on, she's only picked up one fault! That's good right? WHY YOU NO WORK WIPERS!

AD9CAD67-7C66-4EBB-9D80-EFDB6BE39D8C.jpg

Yet again, Steve's having look Sunday, fingers crossed we get it sorted.

Productive day, Mr Windett popped round and we managed to get the wipers working which was sweet, only problem I'm having now is with the headlights, sidelights work just not the main beams. The car has one of these aftermarket HID kits on it, everything's still connected right which has left me clueless.

Can the ballasts dry up or is there somthing else obvious I'm missing?

AA0B3146-2DC1-46CB-95F6-E72E57823052.jpg

Edited by Bussey

Normally if the ballasts go they stop all together but it could be the stalk its self i have the same problem with my mr2 it will flash high beam but wont stay on constant 😂😂 so i assume the stalk connector has give up bud, could be wrong though

We checked the stalk today mate all the connections are fine, the ballasts only control the main beans, sidelights are still original bulbs. Think the ballast have given up after sitting around for 14 months then?

its unlikely both ballasts have packed up at the same time, check wiring and plugs between ballasts and the bulbs as the wire is very thin and becomes brittle during our cold winters and breaks.

had this happen on my daily

its unlikely both ballasts have packed up at the same time, check wiring and plugs between ballasts and the bulbs as the wire is very thin and becomes brittle during our cold winters and breaks.

had this happen on my daily

Cheers man, will have another go tommorow but I'm pretty sure I checked everything today, It's more than likely I've missed something mega obvious though :lol:

Well after wasting about 90 quid on turbo-manifold vband flanges that didn't fit, I bit the bullet and ordered from Owen Devolopments today. 110 quid for 1 flange and Vband. Unreal :lol:

Addicted to boost :crazy:

Yeah but it's not running at the minute man, need somthing else to take my mind away from watching my bank account die.

I'm gonna go have a look under Southend pier later, maybe all the polish are still shooting up with brown there at night, might jump on that for a few weeks.

Addicted to boost :crazy:

Yeah but it's not running at the minute man, need somthing else to take my mind away from watching my bank account die.

I'm gonna go have a look under Southend pier later, maybe all the polish are still shooting up with brown there at night, might jump on that for a few weeks.

:lol:

Coming along nicely, that shifter is awesome! I want one in pink :D

Cheers man, yeah it's the nuts! Mike threw some glitter in for me the lot! :lol: Edited by Bussey

Good progress James, what's left til shes back on the road?

Thanks mate, to be honest just the engine, I had to notch my block last night because my engine builder couldn't be bothered, so now that that's done it should be back together today, and hopefully she's running by Sunday.

Making my own exhaust system up now as well, which should speed things up, ordered all the 3 inch stainless tube and bends. That should be here tommorow hopefully. Then it's all systems go with some help from the local starlet posse :)