Bussey's Billet GT2867 323bhp V

Cheers lads, yeah I'll be getting another set after for sure :)

Also car got a proper detail yesterday, mental how dirty she was.

DE4D0667-6850-4E5E-BF04-7CDDC0C36417.jpg

5EEB6927-F876-4C01-BA76-4EB9F9BAAFB1.jpg

163BBAA3-5654-4EDC-85B1-2D850688A08B.jpg

1352F0D1-1C52-4D0F-ACB9-F17C5090BD83.jpg

BA02E6A3-A28C-4C3C-9B38-3362B8031132.jpg

Only a few more weeks till she comes off the road for winter :(

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a good turnout of starlets last night!! I was in the white one as you were pulling out! :) I nodded my head at you!!

Ohhh I remember, that looked really clean mate! And yeah I didn't even think there was that many local :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds crazy! Are you still looking to downsize turbo setup?

To be honest mate I haven't got a clue haha, some times I love it some times I hate it, getting pretty used to it now anyway,

For the more twisty stuff I wind it down to 1 bar anyway :) it's a lot quicker when you can actually use second gear haha.

if your still running the eo-1 ebc ive still got the remote switching system sitting so you can run 1 bar round the twistys and hammer the button on the steering wheel for full boost down the straights

No way! Inbox coming your way!

It goes really well but from videos (and I might be wrong here) it seems like you aren't left with a very broad powerband?

Is there another turbo that would spool quicker but give ~300bhp? I think I'd rather take a hit on peak power for a broader range of power

Ideally Bussey needs a GTX2860. Ball Bearing on this for that Amjad...

I have seen alot worse powerbands tho. Just have to adjust your driving style to suit the powerband!

yeah power band seems grand,

im using a 2860 with the tial ar 63. housing same as this and its a great drive,

though we are only running low boost at the minute plus a few other major restrictions, should be good when sorted.

Phil

Edited by Phil

yeah power band seems grand,

im using a 2860 with the tial ar 63. housing same as this and its a great drive,

though we are only running low boost at the minute plus a few other major restrictions, should be good when sorted.

Phil

The GTX2860 in dual ball bearing format. Will give TD04 like spool yet is capable of being pushed to 400bhp! ;)

The GTX2860 in dual ball bearing format. Will give TD04 like spool yet is capable of being pushed to 400bhp! ;)

All Garrett GT series turbo's are dual ball bearing, at least from GT25 upwards.

Have to remember that it's the air pump infront of the turbo that drives it, just because and engine is forged doesn't mean it's going to be suited to every turbo on the market.

Nice to see some vids of this thing at last anyway pal! :p

Edited by AdamB

It goes really well but from videos (and I might be wrong here) it seems like you aren't left with a very broad powerband?

Is there another turbo that would spool quicker but give ~300bhp? I think I'd rather take a hit on peak power for a broader range of power

I have about 2600 to play with mate, to be honest it's not as bad as it sounds, after me getting used to it she is still very drivable you just have you use the gears a bit more.

Rev limit could be moved up to like 8200 with no problems what so ever, but the guy who mapped it (barnaby from redline) adviced against it as he has lots of bad experience with high revving 4e's.

I'm more than happy though, could throw a smaller exhaust housing on bit im not that fussed :)

All Garrett GT series turbo's are dual ball bearing, at least from GT25 upwards.

Have to remember that it's the air pump infront of the turbo that drives it, just because and engine is forged doesn't mean it's going to be suited to every turbo on the market.

Nice to see some vids of this thing at last anyway pal! :p

Cheers mate :)

Yeah a few people have told me the only difference between GTX and GT is the turbine wheels?