I'm hearing of a lot of engine failures etc. due to emanage ultimate forgetting maps and stuff, could anyone shed some light on this? Is there specific versions that do it? Certain settings that need to be changed?

Thanks

Every tuner round this way is telling me these things thats why they don't really want to map it for me making me have doubts il be using the car for mainly track use so itl be flat out most of the time can't risk management failing me

You need to buy an EMU with "E" stamped on the circuit board, as this is the latest revision and as far as i'm aware, haven't shit themselves yet. Older ones have had problems.

Not aware of any issues with the EMB

The one I have is version E, it's not just the one tuner I've phoned a lot of reputable tuners and they've all told me the same thing they've all had instances where the ecu has failed by forgetting maps etc. I thought I'd ask about because if like Arnold has said the layer version E tends not to have any issues compared to earlier versions them I might be okay

yeah, so many good results with emu/emb over the years. So many users with the emu/emb systems on their cars

if there was anything amiss, someone would have said something by now

PS - slightly derailing from this topic, the only thing i can recall which some ep91 owners complained about in the past (very long time ago) was SAFC fighting with the stock ecu after a period of time and reverting to "stock setting"....but i've no evidence on that topic

Well I thought the same as you guys so many people run it without any issues through the years but the amount of tuners I've spoke to recently have given me horror stories of some versions of emu places like fusion Motorsport abbey, Motorsport, redline tuning, atspeed racing to name a few I lt made me question the emanage a little hence this topic wanted to see if anyone else knew of any issues and if it was mainly on the older ones

Fusion know emanage inside out and starlets. Infact I think I told you on facebook to speak with them regarding mapping.

Arnold above and hughes21 on here have been there for maps and both been pleased along with a few others from the south east sort of area.

(I spoke to you at BHP arnold! Get the go pro videos posted dude)

Fusion know emanage inside out and starlets. Infact I think I told you on facebook to speak with them regarding mapping.

Arnold above and hughes21 on here have been there for maps and both been pleased along with a few others from the south east sort of area.

(I spoke to you at BHP arnold! Get the go pro videos posted dude)

Ah, hello mate. Nice to have met you. I'll get them on in the next day or so!

I've used Fusion Motorsport for over 10 years. Ed knows his stuff.

There is copy/fake emb but i couldn't see a map being lost even on them, only thing i could see that can go wrong is if u flash it with a low battery in either the laptop or car this will corrupt the map and could blow your engine, a tuner would have to be dumb not to notice that.

let's put it this way, my buddy (with a little help from me) followed some diagrams generic diagrams on the starlet sites to install and set the jumpers in the emu on his own car. Used a wideband and homemade electronic knock cans, did some emu datalogs and tuned the car slowly. its a completely stock engine with upgraded turbo and supporting mods. Now neither of us are professional tuners/technicians.

thus far,maybe 9 months now, the car is working fine, no issues with emu...it starts fine, idles fine, drives fine, runs fine

now being amateurs, you could say the chances of something going wrong would be rather high with this approach....but i'm happy to say everything is great still

Actually I asked fusion motorsport to fit and map my EMU, the guy was a being a dickhead and said he didn't like fitting and mapping EMU's and therefore said he would do it for nearly £500.

Rang Mike at T.D up straight away and paid £355 fitted and mapped, no issues.

Actually I asked fusion motorsport to fit and map my EMU, the guy was a being a dickhead and said he didn't like fitting and mapping EMU's and therefore said he would do it for nearly £500.

Doesn't sound right to me. He's done loads of them. You sure you just didn't like the price he quoted you?

Well this is what I thought ed said he's been mapping starlets a while and hes mapped some on emanage and there's been engine failures, when looking at data logging it shows ignition has gone miles out causing it to run lean hence destroying an engine, he did say it was with some firmware versions but wasn't confident to tell me which ones it was incase the one I had did play up, no doubt he's mapped hundreds of them and they've been okay, but my point is I don't really wanna risk destroying my engine through poor management. I use the car mostly on track and spirited drives so it won't have an easy life lol. Ed at fusion was the most helpful I've spoken to yet I was surprised to see the amount of tuning companies who jog emanage on and say it isn't worth there time.

the final choice of piggyback/standalone it dependent on each person, whatever they decide based on the requirements, costs, etc.

what i can say is that emu has proven to be a reliable piggyback

to get the most from any properly installed piggyback/standalone system, the user/tuner must know what they are about with regards to that specific system

so maybe ask whoever tuner you select "what system they prefer"