Trackstar build..the next exciting update :)

Bout time I posted on the trackstar progress...it's been up at Century Motorsport in Kidderminster for the swap and I spent the weekend with Nathan there getting it finished. Free plug to Nathan, top bloke, good prices and a real enthusiast (he makes his living on Formula Fords, Karts and other cool things).

P1040290.jpg

Amazing what you find lying around a workshop...

P1040305.jpg

Whack a cam lobe

P1040300.jpg

HRF V300 Manifold, wastegate and screamer...

P1040299.jpg

TD05-18G looking rather small :)

P1040295.jpg

How's my christmas wrapping?

P1040301.jpg

More gifts...

P1040308.jpg

Mummified Manifold

P1040311.jpg

All together again with a gold cam cover in tribute to the late, great HRF monster EP.

P1040315.jpg

A pair of pumps, Blitz on left, OEM on right

P1040313.jpg

How about that for weight saving ey?

P1040314.jpg

Left a bit, right a bit...

P1040327.jpg

Nice and snug back in place :D

P1040328.jpg

A box of junk that was left over, the car now weighs 760kg by the way!

By Sunday night at 6pm, the engine was finished and dropped in the trackstar ready for the journey home. A massive thankyou to Nathan for being a top bloke, putting up with me and letting me play Nintendo Wii.

P1040329.jpg

Cheers :)

Couldn't have done it without Nathan's help though...while he was busy fitting the engine back in I was plumbing in gauges, wrapping parts, swapping fuel pumps etc. Only took about 4 hours to get the engine in and running :D

When you drive the car (will get a sound recording soon), because we fitted a new filter pipe to the Blitz in the front bumper, it now makes the full on rally flutter noise, not as distinctive as before and not as much (boost doesn't start till 3500+)...but it sounds immense. First gear just had zero traction, similar in second, third when boost kicked in was torque steer heaven then 4th and 5th are just a steady build up.

Met a white EP82 on the way down the M40 at the services after Leamington Spa, said he was on ToyotaGT (booo) seemed like a nice chap. I had to fill her up with Ultimate (again).

Feel free to move it to the right section :D

Well, apart from a mapping session which may happen after christmas now...I've got to lag a few pipes, relocate a few things and that's about it. Hopefully just finishing touches!

It's really sorted the drive out with the lack of PAS too, much better now. And getting the weight down to 760kg without even using polycarb or frp doors etc B)

Hopefully get a few driveby videos this thursday, apologies in advance for the shite quality they will be :)