Well as some of you know ive been after a gt for a while now and nothing decent has came up and I've no car at the min and it sucks so went and got this tonight for a run around as it was local to me and has quite a good spec I'm sure some of you will know the car.. Plan is to do absolutely nothing to it lol so it not really a progress blog lol I'm going to work in Canada for 6 months in aug so will sell it before I go and continue the hunt for the one when I get back :) anyway here's a few pictures

8AC3AFDD-568E-4E29-AE37-F649DAD16C00_zpsA7718003-EF27-4CAB-B41A-67294AFD6B56_zpsA89CA3B1-BA77-456F-967F-8E3A77D5C4B3_zps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car had a slight misfire higher up the revs when I took it a drive knew it was nothing serious and got it for a very good price.. the spec is quite impressive tbh so took a chance on it.. Turns out it was an easy fix :)9AEF3D04-0DB8-43A5-ABC5-FF003A75E22F_zps

Got it back to camp to find the engine covered in oil one of the fittings on the race spec rocker was pissing oil and the spark plugs wer half full...got it all out with a shit load of kitchen roll cleaned the plugs and leads and it's solved the problem nice easy fix

It's rough lads don't be fooled .. the boot is rotten but he did give me a decent boot with the car ideally need a re spray but I'm not even going to bother it just some temporary boost till I find a minter

Not a bad looking GT. What did you get it for pal

That would be telling buddy lol ;)

Quick spec list

Engine

Polly bush mounts

Race spec rocker + tank

Custom race tech mani and down pipe ,, screamer..

Td04 rebut by turbo technics

Tail wastegate

Power enterprise leads

Cj hose kit

Custom intercooler

Forge bov

Blitz nur spec r

Civic half rad

Apexi air filter

Trd oil cap

Carbon bonnet

Handling/breaks

Whiteline front and rear anti roll bars

Poly flex bushes

Cusco front strut

Bc coilovers

Wilwood breaks

Yellow stuff pads

Wedsport alloys

Rays nuts

Management etc

Emanage ultimate

Greddy controller

Loads of depo gauges

There is more just can't think at the min will give the car a good going over at the weekend

Harry's old gt which in turn was abotts old gt.

Body work is rough dude he hasn't drove it in over a year just been sat in his drive all the parts on it running gear etc is really good a lot of parts look new so happy anuf for the price I paid will do me for a while

If you do reshell it dibs on the glow panel if it gets sold please pal? And yh that's fair something's are best kept to your self ;)

Think I am going to re shell dude it's the only thing that let's the car down all the parts are real good alot of things look new

Thats a shame as the shell has great history. Still if body work isnt great then is normally the better option.

I think it would cost to much to put right Tbh think I mite sell the shell and the bare engine try and pick up a 2nd hard forged lump and use all the other parts from this

HA so your the one who bought it. the seller said i could have the glowpanel if you didnt, was gutted when he told me you had lol.

Lol sorry dude glow panel is mint to prob the best thing about the body work..shell and bare engine is prob going to be for sale soon I'm going to re shell it

Ahhhh I love that gt I can remember when abbot had it was a minter shame it's been left to rot tho good spec tho mate nice start to build up from glad you got one dude welcome back :D

Thanks mate yeah it's a real shame it been neglected hopefully sumone takes the shell I don't think I could live with myself if I had to scrap a mk1 shell but it's just to much work for me

Give this a good clean today and a bit of love..it's actually not that bad tbh I doubt it's had a wash and a polish in at least a year.. Anyone know the actuall colour of the car is it a toyota red?? Need to try and get some touch up paint.. Will put some pictures up tomorrow need do do the wheels with compound as wheel cleaner just wouldn't shift the crap on them.. Oh and this came from japan today only ordered it in sat quite impressive for it to get here in a few days.. Love a good cruise knob :)8093562E-CFE5-4603-A41B-1BFEFFE84157_zps

The paint isn't that bad dude I give it a bit of a detail today.. it just starting to crack you know wer the plastics are down the side and the arch trim..going to try and get the colour of the car and just touch it up it could really do with it all taking off and painted properly... It looks quite good tbh.the roof is fucked it's all bubbled up and the boot is rotten but I've got a black mk1 boot here I'm going to get on over the wkend... Think I'm just going to get an mot get the map checked and drive away at it's not as much of a dog as I first thought