really strange fueling issue please help or advise me

Heya guys.

seriously considering jacking this starlet shit in now.having problem after proplem at the moment.

I am having an issue with my starlet:

1. When started from cold the afr goes down to 7.3 instead of the old 11-12 afr.

2.whilst at half throttle under load or wide open throttle it also hits 7.4 instead of the old 10.5-11.0 afr

I have had this fueling issue I believe since I replaced the turbo the other day.i caught the lambda wire and thought I damaged it but I am not so sure now.

changed the lambda and its still not right with fueling now.it reads around 14.8 when idle and other than that somethings not right.

Other than the turbo being changed and lambda I havent altered anything else.

I just havent got a clue whats doing this.

The thing I gather from reading up and comments is that the lambda controls idle/ cruise afrs

but hasnt anything to do with wide open throttle which is what stumps me

surely that means it has to be fueling as in fpr or injectors failing and pissing lots of fuel out and giving dud reading?

So now it stays at 14.8 now? Then it's fine...

What wideband do you have? It's strange that can read down to 7.3...

Stock lambda is not heated so sometime can give false reading, especially if restarted when coolant is hot.

Like I say mines been fine for months and months and afrs have always been bang on all the way through revs and idle.

I cant be arsed with it anymore I dont think.just spending money after money on it qnd getting problems every week it seems.

so hacked off

My mates pretty sure its an injector.

its when required to up fueling ( foot on throttle, or choke) its putting in alot more fuel than it should.

have already sourced some stock injectors and will go from there.

Will also check plugs for richness in said cylinder the possible injectors failing on.

Checked all plugs and they are ok and tan.

next I tryed fitting some different injectors, this made no difference at all.

now even when the cars pretty much warm its running at 10.8 afr which is still way to rich as it should be 14.8 afr

I am still sure its electronic and my next thing I will change is new coolant temp sensor.

if its not that I am gonna be stuck bad.

Ok so now I have tryed 2 brand new engine coolant temp senders and the afrs change so ecu is definatelty getting a good temp signal.

then I noticed the afr gauge showed 22.4 whilst the car was running which is impossible so I am pretty sure the afr sensors had it.

also as I said above when I pulled plugs and checked them the other day they were tan which surely wouldnt happen if the car was running afes as low as 7.4.

I am quite sure bosch sensors gone, will try and calibrate and see what happens but my "issue" is solely based on the afr gauge so I might have had a wild goose chase

anybody had an afr gauge give dud readings before ????

Yeah sounds like your sensors gone. You should try the AEM wideband, It apparently doesnt need calibrating.. but theat means more money over the 50 to replace the sensor..

Only other thing is when you changed the turbo did you change the gaskets? if there is a leak before the wideband it will go mental and its controlling the lambda input.. This, and the unit needing replacement are both reasons for it reading erratically

I can't afford to replace the sensor anytime soon. Car runs really well and I am sure its sensor fooked.

will try recalibration tommorow eve but other than that I know me afrs are good at 10.5 at wot

remove the wire from wideband to lambda input and plug your lambda back in.. just disregard the wideband readings for now. If your really worried about you afr, Get them checked at rr after..

How old is the wideband?