Toyota red for me too! Eventhough it's leaking most of it out of my cracked rad at the moment :(

Got a rad for you if you need one mate - local and cheap.

my mates using john deere coolant in his justy turbo, has a higher boiling point that most coolants. was also a good article in a banzai mag about waterless coolants that had a boiling point of 160C, helped prevent Det by not boiling on hotspots in the head around the combustion chambers was a good read and maybe something for the high performance boys to look into?

Yes the waterless coolant is by a company called Evans . I think it's well worth putting on anyone's car regardless of power output ! Especially for everyone that is running normal 95 octane this will help in decreasing the likelihood of detination

If someone on here is running 95 octane they want kicked in the nuts! I could understand mad power or very hot climate but the UK's lucky to hit a mad temperature! Unless your on track...but even then a lower temp thermostat should keep it safe. Anybody got a copy of that magazine section? I'm running a cooling panel on the front these should make a difference also keeping the stock rad shape rather than the civic. I'm just running some normal everyday coolant from a local parts store £13.00 :)

Gainzy, I wouldn't put it past some people to run 95 hahaha. I never seem to see anything higher than 90 degrees when I've been driving hard and that's with standard red coolant. It is something I'm deffinately considering a swap to though for track use.

I was use water + water wetter, this stuff makes the water soft and also raises it's boiling point. It seems to keep the temp very consistant at all engine conditions and ambient temps. Toyota red is the best coolant, I use this over the winter.