either new turbo or turbo rebuild mate anything from 50quid to 250quid depending if you have it rebuilt or swap it for a secobdhand unit.

thats if it is that, could also be valve stem seals, cracked ringlands etc etc but a compression test should give u a good idea

Wish I knew my stuff a bit more lol

You'll learn over time don't worry. I'm still a complete nugget when it comes to these cars, most of the enjoyment is the learning of new things. :)

Edited by Eynonz

Don't think he would mind. It's just I don't have any gear to do one or the right knowledge. Just spoke to him n he said it it only really when you rev like put your foot down real quick, and the smoke isn't thick. He did sound like a bit of a lemon. He said he just wants it sold as his got his new car now.

I wouldnt purchase a starlet unless I could undertake a compression check, IT IS IMPERATIVE.

I did on my donor car I brought, the guy was fine with it as I know my stuff.

What happens if you break something while doing it? For example your compression tester snaps in the engine? I've seen it happen before so I wouldn't let any random person carry out a compression test on my car if I was selling it, unless I had the money in my hand of course.

Also, this is vri's car so you might want to search his past sales posts before taking time out to view :)

I do get what you mean iddy, do see that could create problems.

I woukd in that case have to see the test performed infront of me.

I even tested my n/a before I bought it, the thing you have to bear in mind is starlet ringlands are so prone to breaking and and are made of soft cheese so the likely hood of buying a engine with an issue is definatley a real one.

Surely you can't do that when just going to view a car :/?

If you have 2k in your pocket or whatever you want to try and not waste a penny, just ask before hand if any inspection is welcome.

The guy is dodgy as they come, him and his mate have been banned from here for selling dodgy motors, i also see he's refrained from taking photos in front of the usual gates

Edited by fremyjay