sr spring needed where can i get one or who has one ?

hello i brought a starlet sr yesterday and found out that the front passenger side spring is snapped, i have looked everywhere to try and find one but cant does anyone know where i can get one ? if not are glanza ones similar or anything els if so could put a pair on the front that will still look right and feel alright i dont want standard starlet but i do want my teeth so any ideas ?

Since its for an Sr Its a TTE spring, only place you might be able to get one is Toyota.

Best bet would be get a full set of aftermarket lowering springs. Sr's sit 25mm lower as standard so if you want it kept the same get a set as close to that as possible.

Edited by morgey

thanks for the quick reply. how much lower can i go becasuse i dont want to be bouncing off the shocks as a lot of idiots who lower there car end up doing ? thanks

as i am now with the broken spring

Edited by jack_wetone

Also if toyota have stayed with the same manufacturer then the new corolla T sports use TTE for there uprated springs and they are made by eibach. So maybe you could see what they have to offer as might be the closest to what you have now.

yes ! haha was u watching it ?

i did pay an extra 30 quid for the tax but there is nothing wrong with the gears or brakes just been sat for a while i think and it has a noisy bearing on the back im pretty sure thats what it is anyway. tax and mot till end of November !

Edited by jack_wetone

i also brought a paseo on ebay complete and running for £99 ! bargain ! so u can guess what my plans are ! i might whip a bearing off tomorrow and see if that cures it

i like a good buy me

Edited by jack_wetone

Yea I was watching if it hadn't been 200 miles away I'd have bidded lol.

Standard glanza springs will sit higher that theatre ones. The Tte ones lower by 25mm iirc best to buy some decent -30mm springs rather than hunting for 2nt hand Tte ones. As there old and will snap sooner rather than later.

what a new odd one or ? and did u change them eventually ?

i also brought a paseo on ebay complete and running for £99 ! bargain ! so u can guess what my plans are ! i might whip a bearing off tomorrow and see if that cures it

i like a good buy me

5efe conversion ;)

and nah i wrote it off haha

• 2 weeks later...

okay well i got a lot to think about and a lot of spare time soon to as im loosing my license :fool:

and yes as for the 5efe i am thinking of fitting the hole lot as in engine and gear box in 1 go will this work ? is it better with paseo box or is it same as starlet ?

and also wana fit the 5efe ecu im not gona reprogram i was just thinking of swoping the hole lot as in ecu chip reader and barrel any one done this ? thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...