Anyone run a Fire extinguisher system

Hi all. I'm just wondering if anyone uses a fire extinguisher system on their cars ? Looking at investing in one for track days. Just wondered how much people paid and what kits are recommended.

I think they are a bloody goid idea, at worst to have an extinguisher in the car.

was driving along m25 with the mrs the other day and saw a 02 reg high end Mercedes whole engine bay on fire.it was horrific, imagine a poor starlet being in that situation.....would bring a tear to ones eye.

for the sake of 20 quid I have bought one just because I saw that, could potentially save ure vehicle

You aren't putting anything out with a £20 fire extinguisher. The club level stuff is also about as useful as emptying a bottle of mineral water over a house fire.

How many track days do you do a year?

I'm all for safety, but come on. Do you actually need a plumbed in fire extinguisher which really should be able to be activated from outside the car. Or, do you just want people to look in and go, oooo00 he's got a plumbed in fire extinguisher, he must be fast. Whilst the car is stood static and you're polishing it at Japbanzai 2015 or whatever show you're at?

You lot don't half make me chuckle.

On the basis that there is a possibility of the cars catching fire on a track the chances may be 100,00 to 1 I would rather spend 200 quid and install it that have your pride and joy go up in flames. The car may have cost upto like 20,000 like azz's for example. In my opinion it's just stupid if you don't.