Integra or Prelude as daily..

Howdy, I'm selling my Pontiac as its too big, heavy and just a shitty american car. Looking around the local market I've sort of sided towards an Acura/Honda Integra or Honda Prelude. I don't reaaallly care too much about power, I just want something bombproof, cheap and relatively good looking plus I've always wanted to own a Honda.

There's plenty to choose from and the prices are relatively good, and considering a lot of people use them as winter hacks they must be good and reliable. Am I right?

Also to throw a curve ball into the mix, what are the Paseo's/Cyno's like? Loads of them around too, and I like the look of them.

Cheers

A lude will be a better daily. The B18s in the Tegs are relatively torqueless and the interiors are fairly rattly. Assuming your talking type R anyway.

The Lude comes with a nicer interior, more creature comforts and the H22 is a torquier lump low down. As a daily I'd go lude.

for a lazy daily id get the prelude over an integra, they were supposed to be the luxury coupe whereas the integra was meant to be the sporty coupe. personally id suggest considering a non turbo impreza or mk2 mr2, both are pretty bombproof, the former being a great winter car and the latter just cooler and amazingly good on fuel. .

That's the thing bud, would need to handle pretty awful temps in the winter, gets down to -38 here. 4wd would be a gift which leads me toward a Legacy GT before estate as I can throw loads in the back for camping etc. But a 10year old twin turbo Subaru may not be the most reliable.

Hard to pass them up though, there's a grade 4 import for sale at the moment for $3600 with 80k on it. All the Hondas I was looking at were very high miles and in bad state of repair.

That's the thing bud, would need to handle pretty awful temps in the winter, gets down to -38 here. 4wd would be a gift which leads me toward a Legacy GT before estate as I can throw loads in the back for camping etc. But a 10year old twin turbo Subaru may not be the most reliable.

Hard to pass them up though, there's a grade 4 import for sale at the moment for $3600 with 80k on it. All the Hondas I was looking at were very high miles and in bad state of repair.

i recently bought a 1995 jap import wrx with a few minor mods on it. short story, it used a phenominal amount of fuel and broke lol. id get a non turbo for a far more reliable 4wd run about, and under seal the hell out of it lol.

Edited by Chops