Answer - No you shouldnt have started this lol

Theres loadz of conflicting ideas as i found in a topic i started about them not long ago.

One side says there gorgeous and bargin too

Other side says their just "wanabe's" and you should just save up and get the real thing.

both fair points......up to you ;)

Mike

Oh gosh, hope this doesnt turn into world war 3 again :p

Some people HAVE to be true jdm masters, so they will hate rotas, as there replicas.

I personally dont honestly care if there replicas, there made well, last well, uber light and look sexual.

So they get my thumbs up, plus i have a set :p

End of the day bud, its YOURE car, not anybody elses so stuff what they think.If you like an item, buy them.

As long as there not neons or led washer jets, or else ill have to hunt you down ;)

• 2 months later...
oh....oh dear god, they're made in the Philippines: Clicky

It's no wonder then, that as secksjay posted not long ago, this is what they are known for:

a536cb43.jpg

They look like my wheels :lol:

Also doesnt even look real :blink:

There isnt a mark or buckle on the rim so how the hell could the centre cum out like that? :lol:

They look like my wheels :lol:

Also doesnt even look real :blink:

There isnt a mark or buckle on the rim so how the hell could the centre cum out like that? :lol:

you just keep denying it sparky mate ;]

rotas are FUR DE LOSSES

also, everyone remember the bashing i took on the chin a year or so ago when i said rotas were shit? (the plasticine incident, as it were) Silo, where were these pics then!

i guess rotas are like marmite, you love em or you hate em. Personaly i like them, hense me having a set. They are built well in my opinion and are light. They havnt given me any problems at all and look realy good! at my old work, we sold rota's amongst other alloys, major brands 2.. never did we have any complaints or returns with rota, and all the others were being reported with faults. To be hounest, the rota haters must have to much money at the end of the day ( please offer any donations.. pm me LOLOL) !! when ure young and are on a budget, and have stupid insurance to pay and cant afford the glanza, then they are a cheaper very sensible wheel, and will take anything you throw at them. The pics above of the snapped wheels... you dont know how it happend, what car it was on, what speeds it was doing /horsepower ect ect there are to many conditions that could cause this, and could happen to any wheel.. even jdm in some cases!! i completly agree with getting JDM rims when they are fitted to a track/big power skyline supra evo ect ect but rota do the job just fine on a nice little starlet, and this is probably the reason so many people on here have them.

they are cast yet are claimed to be light - to get true strength out of a casting, it needs to be relatively hefty as the molecular structure of a cast metal item isn't as strong per specific density of the metal. Forging on the other hand uses a lot less material yet creating a much stronger item...

So how can Rota make such "light" wheels yet still have them cast? Simple - crap castings. The Philippines aren't exactly reknowned for their metalworking expertise...Plus, you must think to yourself, if Rotas are getting a reputation, and if people are doing the themed pictures, then it must be a fact that is rising in occurrence, and for it to be so noted...it must be a unique occurrence for Aftermarket wheels. As you said, it's not everyday you hear of wheel centers shearing straight off, but go to the forums of these user's cars, and most will say how they broke suddenly, without due warning. Forged alloy wheels, and better made ones will bend, or crack, rather than just fail catastrophically

That and any company that makes cheap knock-off copies as it's main source of marketting....are ftl

fair enough, but the "im poor" doesnt fly with me.

i bought a set of WORKs from japan, for about 200 quid. i got another set of VOLKs for about 250 quid.

for the money you spend on rotas, you can get a proper set of forged racing wheels from japan.

rotas are the most loss evar. they are poorly finished, poorly painted and are made from shitty alloy (hence why they are twisting off the rim under torque).

i bought a set of WORKs from japan, for about 200 quid. i got another set of VOLKs for about 250 quid.

Can you get a pic up if you don't mind? Or give me a guidline of what i should be looking out for in the rims department then? Also where and how to save the pennies!

Ammar

i still <3 my Rota's

i love denial, it is ftw.

as for the wheels. i have a set of these with a red lip and they were 200 quid.

RSZ-R16.jpg

i also got a set of volk 4/5s for not alot more than that. and they are probably the prettiest wheels ive ever seen. i cant find pics though..

JDM ftw