Dual port actuator question.

Hey everyone

Well everyone knows I am new to these cars and my mind thinks crazy things all day long.

I know the standard ct9 comes with a duel port actuator I not sure how it works and that tbh.

But I know there are duel port actuators out there could one be modified to fit so I can keep the higher boost but also keep the function of the high/low button.

Atm my car has a hks set at 0.9 bar

Has anyone done this and made it work?

Reason I ask is becsuse I wish to get a plug and play ecu but run the bigger boost to achive the best power for my standard block.

Thanks in advance

Alec

you could use stock dual port actuator by putting washers on the bolt infront of actuator bolt hole to move the actuator further back thus retaining stock actuator but increasing boost marginally

Edited by russ78
  • 3 months later...

I run no dump valve or efi pipe and have a td actuator and the solenoid works mate. It takes me years to upload pics on this too have you facebook? I realised I wrote a pile of pish the first time explaining ithis ill try again lol

cut the bit of hose between your hks port and turbo nipple in the middle, put the tee piece here, and run a line to the bottom port of the boost solenoid, leave the top port open.

Then just a case of adjusting actuator so when on hi you dont hit fuel cut

The diagram in the HKS manual shows how it goes pretty clearly...

The line from the tee runs straight to the stock solenoid and the other side of the solenoid just vents into the inlet, the boost is varied by the solenoid venting more boost which opens the actuator less and hence gives more boost.

However if you have a glanza don't use the stock solenoid as it restricts the boost in 1st and 2nd gear even on the high setting, which is shit!