NEVER MAKE YOU OWN OIL FEED

Basically to save me £35 I made my own oil feed at work with banjo fittings, braided line and some oetiker clips. Its run fine for about 1k miles then today MASSIVE amounts of smoke and flames from under the bonnet on way home. Oil feed popped off and dumped a litre of oil all over the engine and the heat wrap caught fire. Lucky had a bit of water in my boot! Id say I ran for half mile max with oil pissing lut and it got down to just over 2 litres in the engine. Im pretty certain i wouldnt have damaged anything plus i was off boost so turbo should be fine.

Moral of the story is, dont fork out on a full td04 kit and mapping then cut silly corners on small bit very important parts. IDIOT!

Only issue is ive got to clean the whole engine bay. Doh

Pockrock, the reason they didnt swage the fittings is so I could get the oil feed to the perfect size then make the ends off myself.

A guy in a landrover pulled over and said do I want a toe. I was like, ye mate, i do actually lol. Worked out nice.

Sat on drive with blanket underneath atm