Ryan Ibbotson - unsatisfied.

3 weeks ago I paid Ryan for a pair of mk1 rear lights. After numerous messages he told me that he had first forgot and then that the courier had messed things up and eventually he posted them. I finally received them today. The packaging to be fair was really good and I cannot complain. They were wrapped nice and tightly in numerous layers of bubble wrap and were undamaged when opening.

However the first thing I noticed was that he had chopped all the wires off instead of just unplugging the connectors which I just don't understand? So I now have to hard wire all the wires in which means buying connectors and spending a few hours doing it.

I then noticed that they were tinted too and very badly tinted to be fair with runs down them. I just spent half an hour with some thinners scrubbing one up to see what they were like underneath and the one I've done seems to be okay. I haven't done the other yet.

Overall, I'm a little annoyed. Firstly it took him ages to post them when I paid him straight away and was promised they would be posted the next day. And then 3 weeks later when I get them after moaning publicly about waiting, I find I need to spend a few hours on them making them physically usable and cosmetically presentable.

I hate to leave negative feedback so I've been gentle with my words and will say I'm just not satisfied over all. If I were selling them, tinted and chopped wires would have been mentioned and 3 weeks would have been 3 days... Think he could have done a lot better :/. That said when I've finally finished I'm sure they will be back to standard and looking fresh.

20140915_213913_zps491kmedb.jpg

20140915_214447_zpsbvbbvsgi.jpg

20140915_213923_zpsbi7bwb6e.jpg

Before and after tint removal

20140915_220850_zpshto2gjh6.jpg

Least the bulb holders are there, thats a plus lol. They differ from later lights and are a pain to get a hold of. And it'll look the part with them MK1 lights on :)

I did wonder if they would be the same and I could pop them straight in but I suppose that answers my question lol. Should look a lot better eh mate :)!

Shoulda paid the scene tax and got them from someone else!Just joking :p that's pretty shit to be honest. Had a few things were people just chopped the wires always baffled me people are so stupid and lazy!

I did actually pay scene tax lol! Always seen them for 40-50 and I ended up paying £55 for these. I can't stand it. The connectors are literally just on the other side on the body. Why cut them off.

If you break a full car its quicker to cut the wires than deal with the plugs if there abit stiff. I bought a 5efe engine from a breaker and the guy had cut every single wire and hose attached just chopped though then all with metal snips then undone bolts and dropped it onto a pallet.

Yeah I see it all the time at scrapyards but I'd expect it there or someone that does it for a living I expect it a little too with their view being that time is money although it does brand a lot of bits useless such as the hoses and cables, looms etc... I think someone breaking the one off car on their drive could probably take the time to unclipped stuff though haha. Just means I'll have to cut the connectors off my mk2/3 lights and use hem but then it means when I sell them on they will have no connectors.

Yeah I see it all the time at scrapyards but I'd expect it there or someone that does it for a living I expect it a little too with their view being that time is money although it does brand a lot of bits useless such as the hoses and cables, looms etc... I think someone breaking the one off car on their drive could probably take the time to unclipped stuff though haha. Just means I'll have to cut the connectors off my mk2/3 lights and use hem but then it means when I sell them on they will have no connectors.

The mk1/mk2 rear light looms/connectors are different