just spotted a starlet

hi have just signed up for the forum i dont actually own a starlet i own a stripped 106 rallye 16v gti engine converstion!

just been out for a drive out and having a play with a focus when a starlet joined in well more like got in the way!

was a light purple one with dark multispoke alloys had the forums website in the back window!

i live in washignton tyne and wear just wondered if anyone knew who it was!

it couldnt have been any bigger than a 1.3 as i managed to overtake it and get about 3 cars lenght ahead of it on a slip road

I can't imagine who it would be-- only a few people would have a ukstarletclub.com window sticker... and you'd imagine they'd be on here regularly?? :)

Can I just ask is it a series1 or 2 rallye you have? The series 1's were 1.3's aswell and put out 100bhp if I remember rightly? The series2's Had the 1.6 8v and put out 105BHP -- A standard Glanza or GT should still have you though I'd imagine because they're about the same weight.

Compare that to a standard starlet 75BHP SR you'll have a clear advantage.

Maybe he wasnt even trying, at the end of the day why would you even waste fuel on a french car to prove its faster, you just dont need to! lol  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didnt you race one the other week? lol B)

He said it was a stripped 106rallye with a GTI engine conversion.

A standard gti engine is around 130bhp? I should think that a stripped 106rallye weighs no more than 800kg?

So would prob be a good match with a Standard or slightly modded turbo starlet but it would no way have rinsed it, as others have said it must have been a 1.3n/a starlet.

Perhaps it was like nanglebadgers one? 1.3 SR? I'm guessing a 106 rallye with a gti engine would be pulling low 7s to 60, alot faster than a stock SR, but against a 1.3 turbo, doubtful especially as most of the members cars are modified.

Mind you they could have fluffed a gear change or something and are shouting "BOLLOCKS!" I know I would be :rolleyes:

hi havent been on for a few days completely forgot about this post lol

mine is a series 1 rallye on a l plate completely stripped, 106 gti engine running cat cams, vernier pulleys, bit of headwork done, remapped, simota induction kit pug group n straight through exhaust and quckshift kit!

had the car on the weigh bridge weighed in at 820kg

and rrd at 165bhp

i see 0-60 in just under 7 seconds and ran a 14.6 quater at 101 mph

and for those of yous with highly modded cars lead me to a track and then well see who eats whose dust with those laggy turbo engines of yours