97 glanza v early days

Peace all fello stars ;) so i finally bought one if my dream cars (glanza V) :D roughly 4 months ago from Plymouth. Body work needs a LITTLE tlc engine : roughly 112000 so yh was in two minds wether to keep it standard and do jus few things like uprate the brakes to drilled and grooved with yellow stuffed pads sort the laquor peel and replace the mirrors because the paint had started to run away! Probly because if the sheer acceleration ehhh lol but yh then thinking about selling because it's in silva and I quite like one in white and it works out cheaper to buy one that's already had work carried out because of wear and tear obv ..... But yh last week first oppertunity manifested with the clutch starting to slip so it feels like maybe I should keep this one because obv I'm goin to fix clutch before selling, so might as well buy tdo4, forge pistons cranks front mount ect ... And go to twn on her so I'm still boosting with the clutch as it is (say wat u like but I have faith ) lol friend told me he went 10000 miles wen his started slipping that was a golf 1.8 T tho but these engines are bulletproof and jap soo yh goin to buy cheap run about whilst I take her off road plus save a lot more money throu insurance and petrol :( that's the only down side right ,.. Giving these bloody oil company's soo much damn money and tax !!!! I'm not one for tax as the fukkers are using it to kill innocent fello humans :( wich is wat we must all stand up for but yh that's beside my point so yh anyone got any garages fairly local to dorset ? I want to work on it myself I'm not mega clued up with car engines,125 two strokes where wat I was use to lol but I'm quik at piking up ;) but yh if any one is in the position to let me bring her round and both work onit because like I said I want to get stuk in but got no tools or anywhere to take it, tell a lie my mates garage but his dad is abit temperamental like but no Probz if no1 reply still find a way ehh ;) lol but yh any one fancie helping a brudda out ? Be good if you got one two like I said I've only had her roughly 4 months but learnt so much already any ways let's wrap it up ohhh yh if I could find work in a garage as a trainey that would be f***ing sweet lol I'm doin painting and dec + labouring but my passion is cars and bikes fast cars and bikes lol as well as saving the world aha but yh surely som1 will holla I don't bite lol I'm pretty damn compassionate as we all should be :D peace love freedom !!!! One love big up starlet owners also any local meet ups around dorset area x

If there's any dogey spelling please forgive it's not all me but my phone somtimes

^^^lol I read that felt like I was rapping the whole way , with the beats running in my head haha ,congratz and welcome to ukso, this forum is like a garage on its own. Wish you luck and hopefully someone will come upwith something around you !

6917A330-0094-4E45-BFF8-F914B5D2C165_zps

Sprayed back wheels blue didn't exactly turn out very anodised looking but not bad eitha way till I get som fresh alloys lol can see the rear arch has been patched :/ any ideas how much that would cost it hasn't really bothered me as I like em Looking a lil ghetto somtimes :D it's not about the looks but performance right chaps lol so yh time get bak to foureging som bargain parts sad times makes for good times but she needs so attention to uplift get past 140bhp :/ any thing I can do to her now ? Such as ajust ing things som1 said shorten the waste gate ? Any info on this would be amazing,

It's still standard with :

Stainless exhaust cat back :(

Lowered on springs :(

Evo 10 dumpvalve not sure if it's amazing but it's different :)

Magner core leads :)

Turbo moniter :)

Toad alarm :)

And fox alloys :/

Will post my progress it's gonna be one heck of a journey

akyakapotter

Today, 11:58 AM

Welcome along bud looks like you have the starlet bug enjoy being skint when you get going with uprated parts amazing little cars.

Ahaa yh man I feel you on that one lol really could put my cash towards sommet maybe more important like starting a lil business but yh it's in ma blood :/ lol too far gone. ;) tbh it's cars like these that are basically the only reason I'm still pert of the system lol :/ jus if only we could run these babeys on veg oil or sommet lol hate buying so much fuel litterally I don't kno if any one reading this has a standard glanza but m....hhhaaaann she drinks :/ literally like 20 litres can go within coupe hours it SUKKS man :( I kno there's got to be pros and cons but whyyy ahaa but yh friend said once you get it mapped it will be quicker and better on fuel :) also my friend said they do a 1.5 diesel or sommet ?? And the bottom end in them is already forged ? Anyone kno about this or kno where or how he may of heard this and if there's any truth to it lol peace love feedom and until nxt time beautifull people stay glanzing pehaha ;) lol

Edited by EJay

Yh I no it's about how u drive em lol as soon as I switch into low boost mode I find my hand rising back and switching off again as a nice bit of road shall apear or a Audi driver will think he has the upper hand lol every time ahaha ohh man . . . That's sparked a good question umm do u reckon switching into low and cruise or switch to high and cruise will be better on fuel ? Also air con and econ I kno the air con but wat does the econ button do ? ( for the heaters ect ) and any quik cheap mods before I take her off the raod ??????

Aha that's it man, but uhh som1 has a refurbed tdo4l for 50 posted but not sure wether to buy one that comes with everything lyk, but yh jus gonna go with tha flow I guess and yhh lol progress pics comming soon .... :D anyone got good advise on a active blitz clutch ? Value and performance

• 4 months later...

So blitz active clutch has been installed anyone kno how long they last roughly ? Also my m/s ram horn style manifold, decat, screamer, and side exit will be here hopefully in next few days I have tdo4l to go on too I still need to get front mount but any advise for fitting ? Like certain checks ect don't want to blow also my Glanza has about 120000 on the clock any pre cautions ? Cheers

And yh they do drain your cash lol !! Damn

Need bucket seats !!!! :(

Fair play Yh I'v been offered a fairly decent one on face book for 95 probly not as good as yours but Yh mans on a budget atm lol thinking about getting her up to like 210 bhp selling her and getting one that's already been done but Yh not sure :/ might keep this one Ahhh :/ aha any meets soon ?