stick with blue or go ultimate?

Hi guys, i have an emanage blue on my glanza which is at 229bhp atm.

Im aiming towards the 270 to 280 bhp.

ive read somewhere that the ultimate has launch control which im not really bothered about.

also that the ultimate has 20x20 mapping and the blue has 16x16 whatever this means? Guessing its the size of the graph/table its mapped on so the ultimate is a bit more accurate.

Would a blue still be sufficient at 270bhp with the correct injectors?

And which injectors?

Thanks guys,

Dan

Im currently run a tf035 and either going td04 or td04 hybrid.

or if someone can suggest a good td or vf turbo to run on a wepr kit that will bolt straight on?

can a blue only run on standard injectors??

I google searched it and came back with the ultimate having couple extra features and a bit more accurate but cant see it justifying paying another 500 ish to get one if the blues ok

Edited by Haresign

I run 430 injectors on my set up, on the TD04 front, standard will boost earlier and hybrid just more power up at the top end and boost a little further up the range.

For road use the standard TD04 is more than adequate

John

Ultimate has a bigger mapping table. Allowing a smoother map...

But it comes at a price... As is always the case..

Blue is fine for 280-300bhp...

If your planning over 300bhp. Go for an ultimate. Saves you changing later on and re-writing the whole map!

View the tuning guides in thewiki section for some advice!

Smashing, so when looking at injectors for use with an emanage blue are there any favoured CCs when running that sort of power.

Also is there need for a variable fpr?

Think 550 is the max injectors the blue can run, so maybe run something a little less. And yeah a good adjustable FPR is essential. I had a aeromotive one of my old GT but a lot of people run SARD.

Problem with emAnage blue and ultimate is the fact you can't fit injectors bigger than half the size of the standard injectors. Reason being is the ultimate and blue can only modify signals to the injectors and standard ecu. If you look on both the ultimate and the blue the dials only go to +\- 50%.

So a standard ecu uses 295cc injectors, half of that is roughly 150cc. Add these two together and you end up with a theoretical maximum injector size of 445cc. People running bigger injectors will be running rich on idle burning more fuel.

As for the turbo size the td04 becomes a hair drier after about 1 bar of boost pressure. A good intercooler and pipe work is required to try and eliminate heat soak from the compressor outlet of the turbo. As soon as the intercooler becomes heat soaked you may as well get a gas axe and point the flame to the inlet as you will end up melting something. IMO you are better off looking towards a td04/5 hybrid like chand had on his glanza. Either that or look towards a bigger turbo or roller bearing like an IHI vf series roller bearing turbo.

Problem with emAnage blue and ultimate is the fact you can't fit injectors bigger than half the size of the standard injectors. Reason being is the ultimate and blue can only modify signals to the injectors and standard ecu. If you look on both the ultimate and the blue the dials only go to +\- 50%.

So a standard ecu uses 295cc injectors, half of that is roughly 150cc. Add these two together and you end up with a theoretical maximum injector size of 445cc. People running bigger injectors will be running rich on idle burning more fuel.

As for the turbo size the td04 becomes a hair drier after about 1 bar of boost pressure. A good intercooler and pipe work is required to try and eliminate heat soak from the compressor outlet of the turbo. As soon as the intercooler becomes heat soaked you may as well get a gas axe and point the flame to the inlet as you will end up melting something. IMO you are better off looking towards a td04/5 hybrid like chand had on his glanza. Either that or look towards a bigger turbo or roller bearing like an IHI vf series roller bearing turbo.

You dont know what you are saying mate... ultimate is capable of much more bigger injectors. i run 550s in mine with no problems

The ultimate isn't a stand alone unit. It can only modify the signals hence it being a piggy back. All I'm saying is theoretically you can only run 50% bigger than stock injectors. Your 550cc injectors must have the smallest duty cycle known to man at idle. Not to mention 1+3/2+4 injectors fire at the same time.

If your car is running well then that's fine. Seems people want a lot from what is still a 1.3/1.5 litre engine.

You are wrong . Ultimate intercepts the in and out signal of the injectors.. it is not only talking altering a maf sensor... we can go to 150% with not problem... i have maped aem ,and vipec. There is not so much difference with the ultimate . This unit is very close to a standalone. And sorry if for an ultimate with bigger injectors we have very low duty cycle it will be the same for a standalone. .. the only benefits for some (and not all) standalones are :1) changing the ignition (coil)

2) boost controller

3)some options for steping motors or fan...

About turbo,i recommend you a vf35 it is a hood compromise. Td05 14b is excellent or any gtx2863. Td05 hybrid are so different and with old design. You can take a gt2554r too but limited at 250 270hp... i have a fe3n mazda too (2.0i 16v turbo) and i used a lot of turbo and all the td05 appereaded laggy for me. (Not the trust td05 ot tz5.7) the worst turbo was a td04 l 20t...

Edited by ramses