Ep82 strip down assistance is greatly needed!

Did not get photos as was to busy but I removed everything off bulkhead apart from map sensor ignitor and fuel filter,

As for the air con plugs by head light I'm.gonna chop that off tomorrow along with air con pipes

Here's some photos I just took and some I did take yesterday

Screenshot_2014-11-20-20-45-24.png

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had a thought

since I decided to remove the carbon canister and it has a large breather. could I not attach that line to oil breather tank.

the tank has two lines and filter on top. could use one line for rocker and one line for the fuel tank breather.

could this be ok?

anyone know if I could hook up the petrol tank breather to the oil breather tank in the bay since I ditched the carbon canister

Hmmm i duno mate, the idea of the carbon canisters is to draw excess vapour and then it gets drawn into the inlet and reburnt, hooking it up to a catch can sounds like its gonna be under pressure, and you dont want oil finding its way into your fuel tank either or even oil vapour.

Id just leave that tbh.

sound :D thats good enough for me.

how many earth cables are there on the car.

so far spotted the one for the boost sensor

battery cable thats hooked to shell and gearbox.

sure theres another near as well not 100% where they go.

what ones am I missing? gonns get some better earth cables made up while I stripping stuff down

sound :D thats good enough for me.how many earth cables are there on the car. so far spotted the one for the boost sensorbattery cable thats hooked to shell and gearbox.sure theres another near as well not 100% where they go. what ones am I missing? gonns get some better earth cables made up while I stripping stuff down

In the engine loom itself on a GT there is 3 i think 3 earth points, one near the ICV on the injector harness, and one near each headlight. These are bolted to the car with 10mm. Then you have your negative earth strap from the battery to the gearbox. And there is another on the OS engine mount.

HKS do earthing kits, bolt to the negative terminal of the battery and then put the leads on various points in the bay. Can get em on ebay, well probably reps of HKS kits haha.

There is a post about bypassing the water lines, its not in the wiki so should be somewhere in the tech section. Personally wouldnt bother tbh.

dan you any idea where this thread is?

gonna do it because its simple enough just dont wanna get them mixed up

dan you any idea where this thread is?

gonna do it because its simple enough just dont wanna get them mixed up

In here http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/80742-simple-coolant-line-bypass-step-by-step-guidedetailed/?hl=bypass

This is a pic from my old GT, i must have put in about 40 threads now of the way the vacuum & water lines go if you want to do it the normal way.

20130318_201038_zps72e5be8e.jpg

Think this is right but havent double checked on my car.

Left to right

Thermo housing to throttle body, coolant

Waterpump pipe to throttle body, coolant

Throttle body to throttle body (bronze), vacuum

Steering rack to throttle body, vacuum

Steering rack to vacuum rail under inlet, vacuum

Posted Image

lots of progess today :D really happy I managed to get turbo off.

but my shopping list keeps getting bigger and bigger!

need

turbo oil/ water lines

decat

gaskets

manifold to turbo studs and nuts.

also all new intercooler silicone joiners plus propper clamps.

oh boy!!