Ep82 strip down assistance is greatly needed!

Hey everyone.

Need some help took plenty of photos so hopefully you guys can help me out.

I started stripping down my ep82 due to spun bearing.

Its had AC removed but while I am stripping down and gonna have everything out I need to know what else I can bin.

Plus I ditched a aftermarket fpr and have a fuel line (return I think) but no idea where it goes now.

I seen theres a carbon canister and a little box next to it how do I go about putting these in the bin?

Another one the vac off the inlet near dipstick where on earth does that go?

Here are pics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any help would be great!

I am gonna do whatever it takes to sort this car out! :D

Alex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The nipple on the inlet runner 1 goes to the FPR.

The carbon canister and the little box just pull out and theres a 10mm for the box. The vac line that connects to it that goes under the car to the fuel tank, just connect a vac line to that and let it vent to atmosphere or you can put a 1 way valve in it.

You will be left with two spare vac nipples ontop of the throttle body now, those can be blocked off.

Thanks dan need to remove that adapter and stick standard fpr on.

So in the second photo theres fuel filter and then canister next to it what do I do with the bigger pipe thats connected to it? I see the vaccume pipe that connected to it but unsure what to do with the other.

The more I look at the photos the more I need to order some spray and sort the mess out in there haha

In the 2nd pic the vac pipe at the bottom of the carbon canister connects to that black box, which all gets chucked in the bin. And the pipe on top you make into a breather or whatever :)

And yeah lol, will look 10x better when sprayed up.

ohhh so it joins the std fuel reg! cheers :D

any ideas what I can bin colin? gonna remove them ac pipes soon removed all brackets for airbox and such.

need to know what ac wires to bin. plus I really wanna ditch that carbon can and its little box.

should I just find the pipe under car and add a mini breather to the larger carbon can pipe?

wicked thanks any pictures of what wires I can remove or should I take a load of photos and you can confirm what ones for me haha.

will jack car up and find that tank breather and cut it so it doesnt show in the bay. cheers colin.

any idea where the pollen filter is on the ep82?

might try find that once removing the airbox bit behind glove box :D

dan you have 4 blocked up ports on this pic two in middle and two off the inlet.

could someone point me in the right direction what these pipes are?

Ahh this is because the inlet i have on my 85 is the Gen1 N/a inlet, its the same as a GT/Glanza inlet but there is an extra nipple on the back and none on the front. So you might only have 3 to block.

You can see them in your pic in #7. Is all just shite thats attached to your coil / ignitor.

right ok what are them 3 lines?

just want to make it all simple.

I sticking a first gen n/a in as my replacement engine soon.

is there a wiki on how to stop the water flowing though the throttle body?

I know vauxhall engines well but these 4eftes are confusing me.

right ok what are them 3 lines? just want to make it all simple.I sticking a first gen n/a in as my replacement engine soon. is there a wiki on how to stop the water flowing though the throttle body?I know vauxhall engines well but these 4eftes are confusing me.

The lines are and valves are for the carbon canister i think man.

Gen1 N/a engine should work well. C.R is 9.6 - 1 so dont run too much boost. Got a turbo'd one myself 0.6bar on a VF12, although im not finished the car so its anyones guess atm on how long it will last lol.

There is a post about bypassing the water lines, its not in the wiki so should be somewhere in the tech section. Personally wouldnt bother tbh.