Ep82 strip down assistance is greatly needed!

how much bhp you make running that? was gonna run 10-11psi max heard they can handle 12 all day long will be using the ct9 turbo.

carbon canister will be going as soon as I get chance.

the more weight I remove the better. small things soon add up.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much bhp you make running that? was gonna run 10-11psi max heard they can handle 12 all day long will be using the ct9 turbo.carbon canister will be going as soon as I get chance. the more weight I remove the better. small things soon add up.

Havent dyno'd it yet as it isnt on the road. Literally no idea what it will be maybe 220.

Is it defo a Gen1 engine you are getting ? They can handle boost well yeah.

yeah defo gen 1 corrolla 94 its got the flat inlet :D

yeah I figured boost creap could be a issuse. also gonna run a good dv and filter.

my logic as well is to get a racespec rocker so not building up unwanted pressure.

are the fpr the same between the n/a and turbo?

sweet gonna order some bungs what should I do with what its attached to? sorry about all the questions its just jap stuff is a compleatly diffrent I want stuff right from the word go

The stuff that its attached to you'll be throwing away ? Unless ive not understood lol.

And no worries, better asking and getting it first time :)

yeah I figured boost creap could be a issuse. also gonna run a good dv and filter.

my logic as well is to get a racespec rocker so not building up unwanted pressure.

euhhmmmm yes :) same pressure indeed

nice one ben that would help!

will spend some propper time on car sat.

hopefully remove the carbon canister stuff and lable and remove the loom ready to get box and engine out :D

more I get done myself the better

You can just unclip all sensors and lift the loom out the way then remove engine etc and once out the way strip all un needed parts then

well engine wont be out till it goes the unit. the more I strip out now the better.

my mate doing the swap for cheap dont want him messing with looms and such.

plus means I got less to plug in and sort out after.

problem I have is I dont have a clear guide what I can remove. yeah got the ac bits the guys have suggested but there must be more.

who reckons I can cut out the AC control box near the fuse box?

ok weather bad and photos are bad but your get the idea here I am pointing to shit I need you guys to tell me what it is and if I can rip it out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know most is ac stuff by looks of it.

so what do I do unplug the two plugs and take the units out with all the vaccume pipes connected to it?

theres that big hose going into the cabin with the one way valve can I take all that out and get a bung to the bulk head

In the last pic that vac line and 1 way valve goes from the inlet to the servo, id keep that the brakes are hopeless without it.

You can shorten it down a bit to make it neater though

is the gen 2 diferent ?

I dont know thats how i didnt say either or. I know the Gen3 is different.