The normal TD05 16G are ment to be fairly laggy, ive never ran one so couldnt say how bad, set it up with a good EBC, short IC pipes, heatwrapped system etc and it should bring spool times down a tad. They can be pushed to about 1.6 bar maybe more so should see well over 320 bhp on a good setup. Can also go for 18G which has a bigger compressor housing, or a 20G which is bigger again.

What are you building the car for ? Have a look at the VF series turbos, a lot of them have ball bearings which are quicker spooling and can still make great power. Turbos like the VF24 & VF35 are suited quite well to the 4E.

i like tdo5 from subaru there a top end big punch turbo , power band is a tat smaller/narrower then on the 04 but kicks harder

agreed. You adapt your driving to suit lag if your going for a rolling drag sit the car in high revs then the boost response is instant.

Cheap turbo for big power

You could use the td05 of the Evo, wepr make mhi manifolds and downpipes.

Just speak to Sacha,

Phil

Thats good news.

Decide what you want to use the car for and pick a turbo to suit. Reason i like the subaru TD / VF flanged manifolds is because you can swap and change turbos easily and most are fairly available and inexpensive. Could have anything from a TF035 right up to a VF22 and most things inbetween. They even do GT28 with a TD / VF flange nowadays. Altough youd be at the mappers a lot haha.

Thats good news.

Decide what you want to use the car for and pick a turbo to suit. Reason i like the subaru TD / VF flanged manifolds is because you can swap and change turbos easily and most are fairly available and inexpensive. Could have anything from a TF035 right up to a VF22 and most things inbetween. They even do GT28 with a TD / VF flange nowadays. Altough youd be at the mappers a lot haha.

Yup, mhi get a slightly better name than ihi in the old Ep drag circles no personnel experience myself.

But def for handiness 3bolt td manifold is hard to beat especially for 2nd prices.

Phil

That was at 1.5 bar I'm pretty sure it's still got a few more psi left in it. But when it was on the dyno it stopped making power down to the head, had valve bounce 300-400 from the Rev limit it still making power all the way up

That a P20 exhaust housing i take it ? What power did it make ?

Im running a td05, and like said previously, you adapt for the lag.

Im fully spooled by 4.5k and the punch is quite a bit different from the td04's.

Ohhh and thats at 1.6 Bar and never had a problem with it :)

Infact, going for more power on a td05 atm :) so time will tell!