New engine! only drops of oil coming out return pipe?

Hello guys I'm hoping someone can nail this,Also had looked on here as well but can't really find anything, just had my 4efte engine built, new everything, including oil pump, today we put it back in, to cut a long story short when you do the priming thing so oil comes out of the return pipe which goes to the sump, only small drops is coming out, instead of free flowing, has anyone come across this before or what could the problem be, new oil pump was put on, refurbished turbo from Midlands turbo, new oil return pipe, any solutions please? Millers running in oil has been used too.

Thankyou Pat

King lead was off Mikey mate, spark plugs were not in either we did it for about 30 seconds then lefted it for 10 mins as smelt fuel which was injector leak but sorted that, then another 30 seconds then lefted it there till tomorrow

so you have the silicone hose off of the sump.. On the turbo there is a gasket between the oil drain and the turbo. If it's been put in the wrong way round it will restrict the flow back to the sump. Hence your only seeing small amounts coming out! :)

The pipe your on about is the feed pipe to the turbo.

Hope this helps mate!

This is you oil drain pipe ..

null_zps85fc51f3.jpg

Edited by Sefton-EP91

I am with you now mate so sorry for acting stupid yes you take the drain off which is connected to the top of the red hose (two nuts either side of the drain) there is a gasket there little one, I can't believe if that gaskets the wrong way round it will restrict it? I'm not calling you a liar by the way I'm actually quite shocked if that's the case as I didn't think it mattered what way that gasket went on 👍

Thankyou Mikey and Sefton mate I totally know what's going on now, but I'm also wondering about how to build up oil pressure when cranking over an engine for the first time as I have a funny feeling this could be the course of it aswell any help please? Or anyone It would be so appericated thankyou

Edited by patman

usually when starting a engine after along time simply pull the king lead off so no spark and remove the fuel relay so no fuel going in, spark plugs in or out shouldnt make too much difference except there will be no compressiona and engine will spin faster. open your oil cap and turn over engine and see if the oil splutters out of the cap !

hope that helps ! biggest worry after building engine and shit starts to go wrong but its a simple fix or human error, as long as no major damage done you should be fine

Thanks guys have done what fiddler said yesterday so hoping I get it sorted today everything got lubed up aswell, oil pump, bearings etc just got to get pressure in there, seems to happen to a lot of cars when first rebuilt

So today been looking into the GT We found that the oil pump seal (even though it was new) looked absolutely a mess squashed, out of line even though it's a circle, hopefully tomorrow on a try and find a decent o Ring like it and put it on 👍

I know exactly now what's going on that's the second time idworkz have sent me the wrong part first it was bearings but that got sorted now I have lost out on 100 quid as I brought the oil pump few months ago as engine has only just been rebuilt so need to get another pump with the seal groove on the pump

I don't need to fiddler mate I am 100% sure my oil pump hasn't got the oil seal groove in mate and I'm 100% sure there is not a oil seal groove in the block I have a GT mate which doesn't have the groove for the oil seal in the block, but they sent me a glanza oil pump which hasn't got the groove in the pump, like I say mate second time no when I have rang up to order parts they have got it wrong 👍

Hello mate sure does where as the glanza oil pump doesn't have the groove in the pump this could be confusing for some people changing there oil pumps 👍 once fitted cranked over for a few seconds oil light went out, and out came the oil on the return pipe 👍