• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys! think im gonna leave the rail as it is for now, just trying to make the engine look "standard" lol.

Few more updates tho, went to toyota the other day, and finally ordered the 98spec bumper brackets, and late spec grill which should be with me tomoz :p Once thats on, its going to be painted, i am aimed by having it done by the end of the month B)

Engine wise, got the alternator, water pump, oil filter housing, and lower timing belt cover (which is green :p) fitted, aswell as the TRD engine mount :p

Just really need a crank pulley, thermo housing and knock sensor now, and thats basically the engine done! B) B)

• 3 months later...

Think the only way Is gonna be fibreglass mate... The only other thing I saw was an L shaped bracket bolted onto one of the original holes under the boot and then slide that under the top lip of the bumper ...

• 3 weeks later...

Alright bud, looking good. This is the first time ive been on here in ages 'because ive just sorted a new laptop out :thumbsup:

That replical jam bumper, i had to sort my mates one out for him. We tacked some tin to the back where the mounting points supposed to go on the boot line, and fiberglassed 4 layers and then skimmed it with filler. drilled the holes and it was all done. christ knows why they didnt make them with the mounting points like the genuine jam items. maybe they like the idea of only having 2 bolts holding it on lol

I wish id painted my engine bay now seeing yours, the engines looking tidy too , keep it up

Cheers matey :)

I'll eventually get round to do the rear bumper.. Cheers for the tip..!

Updates on the car, well there isn't alot in this thread but.. It's been resparayed "properly" this time in a Toyota gunmetal.. All the sound deadening inside is out, and all the glue from it removed that took ages! Got all the wiring looms now (was looking for floor + roof loom for ages!) and that all fits up properly apart from the fuel pump which I've rewired.. ! (that was due to the na fuel pump hanger)..

Engine wise it's all together, got some ultra power 7mm leads for it aswell. I was going to drop it in a couple of weeks back with a standard clutch, but I'm waiting till next month and it'll go in with an exedy paddle..

It's also got a c's shifter in now which are mint , and a walbro pump thanks to nath..

That's basically it :lol: think I'll have to get some new pics up !

All the windows apart from the rear are being replaced .. Front screen has a massive crack in :)

Cheers phil :thumbsup:

it's come out well for a home job.. Just gotta sort the bonnet and rear bumper out, paint them and fit them and it's basically done :) apart from front lip and skirts, probs won't fit the Glanza ones and just go and get some JAMs

All the windows apart from the rear are being replaced .. Front screen has a massive crack in :)

Cheers phil :)

it's come out well for a home job.. Just gotta sort the bonnet and rear bumper out, paint them and fit them and it's basically done :) apart from front lip and skirts, probs won't fit the Glanza ones and just go and get some JAMs

Ahh that explains why then :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words guys :thumbsup:

few more as requested :)

93c692b5.jpg

514d0877.jpg

Fitted Glanza stalks.. Had to modify the coloumn due to the mounting points being different, so people doing the conversion make note of that :)

5967c0f5.jpg