Battery Relocation

I've done mine abit differently and overkill.Since I have a side exit I ran the cables down the exhaust tunnel. I have a kill switch on the battery side and a 150 amp fuse on the bay side. Kill switch isn't needed but I'd certainly advise a fuse. I've also used 0 gauge cable and also ran an earth cable to the engine bay into a custom earthing kit. Start cranks alot nicer with the earth done that way. Am sure it was morgey I was speaking to said he had some starter issues when he stuck the battery in the boot

Ive seen a few how tos on the interent use a distrubutor box to stater fusebox etc.would i be right in thinking you could just take the terminal block off the original battery cable. Then use a connector to run extra cable into the boot with a fuse?

Shaun, did you earth the battery to the boot, then run a cable back to the bay with the eaething kit attached? Does that replace the original toyota earhs?

I've just removed the battery terminol from the main positive lead it just unbolted from memory then that connects onto the fuse. All the stock starter wiring and fuses are still in place I then got an audio earthing block which takes different sizes of gauge cable and replaces all the stock earths from that. Its pretty much just the same idea as a aftermarket earthing kit but more suited to my set up.

And yea its also earthed to the boot from the terminal and also sub wiring

• 3 months later...

I can make a how to if you would like? I'm re shelling my gt and need to swap everything over to the new shell. Good idea with the grommet when passing anything through metal. Don't want the positive shorting out. Also you want the fuse as near to the battery as possible. As for a kill switch they are easy. On mine I could remove the key for the kill switch and the alarm would still work as I wired an in line fuse for the alarm. If you attempted to start it without the key in it would Pop the alarm fuse. As for where to attach the positive in the engine bay I went direct to the starter motor. Leave the original wiring for the original battery but tape it up and hide it, that way your fuse box/alternator wiring is all still intact.