♪♫ Charlotte's Purple Glanza Project ♪♫

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys, a few people who have seen it in person have said that i should've done the car all that colour, if i ever get another glanza project i will! I still have a load of the paint left :)

Seeing as i never got around to putting some photos of the valve stem seals here you go;

24nfuw7.jpg

33ynhjq.jpg

104iw0p.jpg

And a few wee updates...

Splashed out (again) on an OEM rear brace and plastics and managed to get it fitted yesterday;

15mcpyo.jpg

Bought a few CT9's off members on here inclusing a speedvision hybrid so i've got my fingers crossed that one of them will be ok and not smoke/shit itself! I had planned on waiting until i had fitted a non smokey turbo before fitting the ECU but yesterday I had an impulse and fitted it! the turbo is already smoking so it can only get worse haha nothing to lose turbo wise.

So in it went! 2 min job!

34g13j5.jpg

Turned the boost up to 0.9 bar. Goes like an absolute rocket. AFR's look good on the gauge but maybe a tad too rich so might back it off slightly on the reg... But all in all it's an absolute rocket! I can see the appeal of the TD04 set up- my Advance has been my daily for 4 years and it's been TD04 for nearly 3 years... But it is so much fun to drive a CT9 rocket, the instant spool is incredible! a good CT9 set up is very underrated i think!

As soon as the speedvision turns up i will fit that and the HKS silent power so hopefully one night this week! I will uppdate when I do!

And a wee pic of them togther on my drive!

i1e4w1.jpg

Looking good! Are you running supporting mods to use that ECU? I'm considering going plug&play in the future, just need to get a list together of what's needed. I assume RRFPR and gauges like wideband etc to keep an eye on things?

Yeah I have a fuel pressure regulator and a wideband fitted to keep an eye on the afr's. Power wise the more breathing mods the better the power figure but you can use them on a virtually standard car tbh

Would recommend :)

Yeah I have a fuel pressure regulator and a wideband fitted to keep an eye on the afr's. Power wise the more breathing mods the better the power figure but you can use them on a virtually standard car tbh

Would recommend :)

Think I'm ok for breathing, as I'm using one of the Monster Motorsport relocation kits so that the filter is in front of the rad. All good, just need to start squirelling away some money for more gauges and an RRFPR then! Do gauges come with wideband sensors or would that be a separate item?

You should be good then you don't need loads of mods for a plug and play just a few of the basics really which you already have.

A wideband is a sensor and gauge it comes as one. I have AEM on my GT and Glanza but I think I saw a thread for an innovate one for sale on here. Sam has an innovate one and that does the same thing.

Haha not just yet i'm afraid!

Bit of an update!

Bought a few turbos from members and one turned up yesterday from Liam Dodds, and it looked in very good condition!

So rather than wait for the hybrid (which will probably turn up today ironically) went ahead and fitted it and the HKS system last night to get rid of the smokey knackered one.

Turned out it's spot on! no smoke at all and pulls very very well.

And as for the system, it's awesome! very burbly on tick over but totally silent when cruising/driving, bit of grunt on acceleration or decelertion. Suits me perfectly as the Glanza is a work bus mostly. Much nicer than the Japspeed I did have fitted.

So it's finally boosting up to 0.9 bar, ECU fitted, non-smokey turbo fitted and HKS silent power fitted and OEM rear strut fitted.

Winning!

Until something else dies...

When you get the turbo and exhaust on 1 bar let us know how you compare the 2 cars, gotta love the oldschool plug n plays :D

Got a good condition standard CT9 fitted running 0.9 bar on the SRF ECU now and it's immense!

MUCH MUCH MUCH snappier than my TD04 GT. Absolute animal in the lower gears and the spool is still incredible in 4th 5th and even 6th!

No dropping down the gears to overtake or accelerate, it just goes. The turbo chatter is insane too need to get it on video haha.

Would fully recommend a good CT9 and plug and play set up!

Got a good condition standard CT9 fitted running 0.9 bar on the SRF ECU now and it's immense!

MUCH MUCH MUCH snappier than my TD04 GT. Absolute animal in the lower gears and the spool is still incredible in 4th 5th and even 6th!

No dropping down the gears to overtake or accelerate, it just goes. The turbo chatter is insane too need to get it on video haha.

Would fully recommend a good CT9 and plug and play set up!

Good stuff! It took me a good month to decide on ecu route always wanted to see what the plug n play could produce against the emb it's pot luck I guess, I have always said it you can have just as much fun in a decent ct9 set up than you can with bigger turbo's @1bar it's all good keep it up!! :)

• 2 months later...

Nice, been a busy girl then. Sucks it went pop but pretty sweet that you managed to get it all sorted.

I'm looking at the GT20 Fast spool up kit for mine. TD04 is great, but it's nice to hear the chatter without hammering the car lmao. Makes me smile anyway.

• 2 weeks later...