gfb boost controller faults!?

Hi all, got an issue here and I've no idea what to do. I bought a gfb g force 2 boost controller off ebay, set it up to a nice 12.5 psi setting and all was well, great fun. but today, i started it up leaving the shops i drove to 10 mins before with no troubles and the damn thing has decided idling is 0.0psi where before it said -20, and says I'm making something like 4psi at 1000rpm and so on. as soon as i get on boost it goes flying up to the 16psi overboost limiter and throws a tantrum, and I know its only getting to factory 9psi, its really pissing me off. I've searched the internet for someone else who's had this problem but there's nothing, its one of the reasons i bought the damn thing in the first place. i was just hoping someone on here might know why it seems to have recalibrated itself and fucked up, before I set about trying to get a refund :/

Hi all, got an issue here and I've no idea what to do. I bought a gfb g force 2 boost controller off ebay, set it up to a nice 12.5 psi setting and all was well, great fun. but today, i started it up leaving the shops i drove to 10 mins before with no troubles and the damn thing has decided idling is 0.0psi where before it said -20, and says I'm making something like 4psi at 1000rpm and so on. as soon as i get on boost it goes flying up to the 16psi overboost limiter and throws a tantrum, and I know its only getting to factory 9psi, its really pissing me off. I've searched the internet for someone else who's had this problem but there's nothing, its one of the reasons i bought the damn thing in the first place. i was just hoping someone on here might know why it seems to have recalibrated itself and fucked up, before I set about trying to get a refund :/

Same here, mine just doesnt controll the solenoid and is just a gloryfied boost gauge now

Same here, mine just doesnt controll the solenoid and is just a gloryfied boost gauge now

There's no way im paying 250 for something that breaks a week later, I'm going to loose my shit at the people who sold it to me. how long did yours take to break?

Edited by Chops

this why I swear by manual spring ball controllers.i was soo close to buying a gfb or similar the other day.....manuals just dont go wrong. seeing this has made me wana stay manual. mine never goes over what its set to and works superb.

sorry to see your having agro chops.thats not right as u say u spent all that cash.

funnily enough my gizzmo that was shit is now just a boost gauge ha

Even then a decent boost gauge is more accurate than an ebc those gfb's are just a funkyer gizzmo Jizzmo gash, I swear by Greddy or blitz hks route

Exactly man.

Wouldnt trust anything other than known good makes like Apexi, Greddy etc.

250 isnt exactly cheap but its about half the price of the Jap ones new.

Chops, I've dropped you a PM with the calibration sequence, sounds like your unit needs calibration and hopefully you're then sorted. I can't see a record for you buying it from us, but feel free to give me a call if you have any further issues.

These are fantastic controllers, far superior over many other controllers out there. I use one myself and we've done lots and lots of dyno testing with them, the repeat-ability of the unit rivals that of the old Blitz DSBC which is also a great controller, just very expensive at present.

We're working with Will to sort his issue out at the moment :)

Thanks

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

Cheers mike I appreciate the assistance, I' bought mine from aus cause I didn't realise you stocked them lol, cost me a pile in import duty! i thought it was a pretty good controller, I was running 12.5 psi with a noticeably better pickup using the gain function, going up to 15 psi on the boost scramble function for dragging things and all was well for a week i didn't have any problem with it at all until the thing threw a wobbly, I was gutted

Just as a clear up, I recalibrated the boost controller using a method mike@td suggested and the controller went back to working perfectly, it was out of calibration due to a mistake I made, not a fault of the unit itself!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old topic but could anyone send me the calibration sequence? Mine seems to have done the same and is now boosting to ridicolous psi. Also reading 0 psi at idle and just spams random numbers when building boost ><

As mike will know

My engine is prone enough lmao

Edited by Adam M

Turn on your ignition switch to power up the G-Force II but LEAVE THE ENGINE OFF

- While GFB is scrolling on startup, hold your finger on the “down” button

- When “CAL” is displayed on the screen take your finger off the button

- “OK” (OH. Actually) will then be displayed, then followed by the gauge (0.0, 00, or .00 depending on units)

- If you are not seeing zero (0.0), repeat from the first step again

- You should be seeing something in vacuum (negative) like “-17” (if units in PSI)

Mike from td sent me this in a pm, sorted it all right out!

• 2 months later...