Daily and Modified on same policy?

Hi guys,

Im only a few month away from buying my first Glanza V and im really looking forward to buying it!

Currently im just driving a mk5 fiesta zetec s to and from work which is around a 40 mile round trip. I decided that is probably to far for a Glanza everyday so will be putting it in the garage and driving it at weekends.

At the time of purchasing the car i'll be 20 and have 2 years no claims.

What I was looking to do is put the Glanza v and the fiesta on the same policy but have around a 3000 mile limit on the Glanza and 12000 on my fiesta . I was just wondering if anyone has done the same with modified insurers and has had a good experience with any company in particular?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Give the traders section a browse mate, green light offer limited mileage schemes :)

James

Thanks mate did see that there! Unfortunately they don't insure under 21's from what I can see. Although there is no harm in trying :)

I did 30 miles a day in my V for work they're very economical it cost me £5 more a week than driving my megane dci which done 65mpg if I was flooring it, more if I were driving well.

I think you'll be surprised how well they fuel if you aren't heavy footed.

I do around 70 miles a day in my advance thats on a td04 and mapped up etc.

not too bad on fuel at all, used my ep80 for a year and it wasn't that much better on fuel than the GT lol...

My advice would be don't have two cars on the road... in time you will resent paying all the money out for the glanza and only using it on a weekend.

Going against the general consensus here. I will be having the Starlet, my Audi and my van on the road at the same time. Van for work, Audi for me and the wife's excursions and the Starlet for my pleasure. If you can afford it go for it

John

Thanks a lot for your input guys! I believe the starlet could probably manage it quite easily but being in the IT industry I do visit quite a lot of clients in different places. For example i sometimes end up in brighton or southampton and although the starlet isn't much older than the fiesta im not sure I would want to arrive in a very loud in your face car. Also its whether modified insurers allow business insurance as well because I would need it for travelling about :)

You guys are doing a good job at convincing me that i only need the one car! Really im looking for 200bhp on standard internals either from a ct9 hybrid/td04 is there any accompanying mods that i should look at to really help me maximize the reliability?

Thanks for the help!