looking at a glanza opinions? :)

hi im going to look at this glanza tonight, i thought the price was quite expensive but i dont know a huge amount about these cars, i have messaged him and it is mapped on an emanage blue but the turbo kit isnt external wastegate but when he sent it to a place called race tech apprently they said it didnt need to be external wastegate, just wondering if anyone could help me out :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231481228484?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

sorry if i posted in the wrong section

Edited by Gibb

Most probably something to do with the the turbo being twin scroll mate. Racetech not what they are on about. The car is nice and clean but depends what you want from a car. You could buy a cheaper glanza and build it up yourself for cheaper. This turbo kit is a bit ott in my opinion to run on a standard engine.

Do a bit of reading around and research before picking a glanza mate. My biggest regret. If you dont know much about the cars wait till you do before you buy one

Looks clean, it is overpriced imo. You could probably get something forged for that kind of money.

It is correct that it does not need to run an external wastegate. The boost will be regulated via an actuator rather than an external unit.

My advice would be to read up more in the technical section. Most questions will have been answered in there and will help you with your search.

Race-Tech is a well known tuner so you can be sure it was mapped by someone who knows his stuff.

Matt.

thanks for the help guys :) i got the price down to £4400 ill go and have a look at it to see what its like, does seem to have a lot of work done to it, ill post back later when ive been to view it :)

Most probably something to do with the the turbo being twin scroll mate. Racetech not what they are on about. The car is nice and clean but depends what you want from a car. You could buy a cheaper glanza and build it up yourself for cheaper. This turbo kit is a bit ott in my opinion to run on a standard engine.

Do a bit of reading around and research before picking a glanza mate. My biggest regret. If you dont know much about the cars wait till you do before you buy one

I was thinking the same. I have been without a starlet for a few year but keep my head in the game with what is out there and what you can get and Ollie is right you could get a glanza and build it up with a bigger turbo and make it your own for cheaper than this. The thing I am consigned about is that is a lovely turbo kit don't get me wrong but it is a fair amount over the top for a standard engine. If you put anymore power in there it will more than likely go pop. That is a turbo you would wont on a forge engine not standard.

If it was me then I would keep looking but I would go for a GT but again that is me lol :D. The biggest tip on buying one of these or any car of that matter like the guys have rightly said don't rush into it listen to you gut don't fall in love with it check it fully over and if you have any doubt even 1% the walk away and read up and go back another day. I have learned the hard way with a Leon cupra R and it cost me £1000s and lost £1000s when I sold it.

Listen to you head not you heart :D

Good luck

Unfortunately it wasn't had a few problems probably not worth anymore than £2500 just a heads up if anyone else is planning on viewing it :)

Well done for not buying it then buddy. You will find one it might take a little while but you will.

With the money that you was going to spend on that Glanza you would find one with a lot more goods and power. Abbott has one for sale that look really good have a word with him if you can. You should have seen his GT was the bollocks :D

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/90001-greddy-turbod-glanza/

Edited by Nicholai

Well done for not buying it then buddy. You will find one it might take a little while but you will.

With the money that you was going to spend on that Glanza you would find one with a lot more goods and power. Abbott has one for sale that look really good have a word with him if you can. You should have seen his GT was the bollocks :D

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/90001-greddy-turbod-glanza/

i have seen that one does look really nice i just dont fancy a white car again, looking at GTs now aswell :D

i have seen that one does look really nice i just dont fancy a white car again, looking at GTs now aswell :D

Me personally mate I will only go for a GT, Glanzas don't do it for me to be honest you cant beat a really nice looking GT :D. There are 2 on gumtree both with tomz kits going cheap and engine wise standard. With that you can do a lot with it and make it your own and with that you know what has been done with it.

Cant see why everyone things its cheap with what £2000+ worth of nearly new turbo kit on there?

Granted you can get a forged glanza for 4k if a plum is selling it and it'll more than likely be a dog. You'll pay 3k for a clean standard car, your not going to be able to build one for yourself to that spec for cheaper than what its up for.

Might be worth looking at it, as if its mint i wouldn't say its overpriced. If its hanging when you say it, well yea different story.

its down on compression, crunches going into gears, dent on the drivers rear, needs four new tyres, front and rear disks and pads, front bumper needs repairing and respraying, just the things i could make out in the dark haha