TD04 Glanza Greenlight Insurance

Im 22 and Greenlight said they can't insure me on a Glanza modified with a tdo4, i put the power down as 240 at the fly which is around 1bar on a td04 i believe. I have 2 years no claims and been driving 2 and half years. Pretty sure ive seen people similar age/experience be quoted competitively

I had read something about Greenlight insurance and possibilities of difficulty if over 170bhp.

As for experience, what is it they require ? Previous with fast cars or something lol ?

Its probably something worth noting to other peoe who apply. They said try again when i've got three years driving experience

They have different levels of experience needed for different cars and that affects how they'd insure you.

They may have had a high rate of 22 year old's who've had to claim whilst driving a similar vehicle, so they'll probably want to insure less.

Im in the same boat as you man, im 21, looking to get the 85 insured within the next few weeks, was hoping Greenlight would be a safe bet.

Will still give em a call though.

let me know how you get on

Im 22 and Greenlight said they can't insure me on a Glanza modified with a tdo4, i put the power down as 240 at the fly which is around 1bar on a td04 i believe. I have 2 years no claims and been driving 2 and half years. Pretty sure ive seen people similar age/experience be quoted competitively

As i explained to you as you havent got our minimum licence requirement. At 22 with 2yrs NCB on a car running 240hp our underwriters would want a 3yr licence and progressive performance car driving experience.

As per our criteria post we require a mimimum licence of 3yrs (you only have 2.5yrs). We can do 2yr licence on referal but the the underwriters wont do it at 22 with 240hp

We did explain this to you over the phone and again in a PM!!

Kind Regards

Neil

Im with sky have been for all 4 of my starlets. Brilliant. Even on my 197 its £600 a year!

£600 a year sounds steep mate, how many years NCB do you have and how old are you?

Yeh i understand that mate, just seeing what power people have been able to get insured at...the car isn't even mapped yet. If it has to be ill just run low power to ill can bump it up with you guys

It goes by postcode aswell I believe. have you spoken to Neil about it see why they can't insure you.? I renewed my insurance with them yesterday with every single mod declared.

Yes the customer was explained over the phone and again in a PM he only has 2yr licence (our minimum is 3yrs). Dont understand why the OP would make a post for it to be confirmed again?

Yeh i understand that mate, just seeing what power people have been able to get insured at...the car isn't even mapped yet. If it has to be ill just run low power to ill can bump it up with you guys

Its not the power its the Licence date (driving experience) that is the problem. As above we quoted 300+hp yesterday for akayakapotter so power isnt an issue when you meet the scheme criteria

Never intended as a dig at greenlight lol, not sure what the problem is with me making the thread lol.

My mistake i got the criteria of sky and yours mixed up..... simple mistake

Edited by Ollieh17

Well actually, on the phone i was told you couldn't insure me with my driving experience .'AT THAT POWER, WITH THAT LEVEL OF MODIFICATIONS'. It wasn't made clear you have a three year experience minimum criteria. I took the explanation as ' We can't insure you with that power with only 2 year experience, we can only be competitive when you have three'

I made the thread before you messaged me as well, half an hour before in fact.